My classroom lessons are based on the need to ensure that students know that I am there to assist them/him/her on the 'learning journey'. I make sure that they know I am not there to judge, I am there solely to help ensure their progress. This progress is usually academic but increasingly it is becoming a social issue. My many years of experience in a range of situations and circumstances have fitted me well to provide the support and encouragement needed.
I am a former teacher, Principal, adviser, trainer and writer. Basic teacher training has been complemented with further studies in multicultural education, Indigenous education, training and curriculum development.
The breadth and depth of my work is illustrated by my CV in which the key elements are as noted.
• 6 years in one-teacher Primary schools
• 8 years in larger Primary schools - Deputy Master for 1 year
• 13 years in a secondary school - 2 years as Teacher Librarian, 2 years as Senior Teacher, 2 years as Assistant Principal, 7 years as Principal
• 8 years as a Curriculum Adviser for Department of Education, specialising in Indigenous Education
• 16 years working as a self-employed consultant, delivering employment based training programs to a variety of students, many of whom were Indigenous and, thus, 2nd language learners. This work involved travel to many locations in the NT and produced a range of employees, more ready to work in their chosen profession in remote locations.
My rate is based on the clear understanding the the person responsible for the student will assist by providing 'at-home' support and will also provide encouragement at all times.
My qualifications include the following:
1957-58 Basic qualifications in NSW - Teacher - Primary (Armidale CAE)
(Worked in one-teacher schools and urban school. Deputy Master for one year.
1973 Victorian Trained-Teacher Librarian Certificate, Melbourne University
One year of full-time study in Melbourne
1974 Diploma in Educational Administration, Western Australian Institute of Technology (Part)
Undertaken by correspondence
1978-1979 Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Aboriginal Education) – Armidale College of Advanced Education
This was a correspondence program over two years with mandatory residential schools
1988-1989 Master of Education (Aboriginal Studies) University of New England - correspondence program
I won a study award and used it to undertake research for, and to write, my dissertation
1995 Participant in Public Sector Management Certificate (PSMC) – NT Government program
2010 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (upgraded to Cert IV TAE - 6/2014)
Completed by correspondence.
2016 Short training course on Library Cataloguing using International Library System
I have been an educator for over 50 years. My experience includes:
• Classroom teacher for 15 years
• Advisory or support roles in school for 6 years
• School leadership roles for 12 years
• Educational support roles for 9 years; 8 years in the NT and 1 year in NSW
• Private educational consultant for 4 years
• Consultant in educational services and training for 6+ years
Achievements include the provision of supported opportunity for Indigenous students to achieve their potential and move into substantive roles in their own or other communities.
I developed and helped deliver a range of programs in all contexts in which I worked. All programs were designed and delivered to support students prepare for their own future.
I developed the first school library in a remote school for Indigenous students - Milingimbi NT 1972
I was Principal of schools that delivered excellent opportunities to all students.
I developed appropriate and supportive relationships with parents and other teachers.
Education has always been central in my life. I believe that every pupil or student has the right to develop to the best of his or her capability. My work has always focused on delivering what is best able to 'push the student' to be the best he or she can be.
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$35||Not available||Not available|