I am very hands-on, I like to give my students to have the freedom to express themselves as designers as well as being there for support and advice on the industry. I like to help my students find their voice and who their customer or potential market will be and drive them towards that goal.
I have over 20 years of experience in fashion. I have designed, manufactured and sold my collections through David Jones Australia for many years, many boutiques throughout Australia and have done many trade shows in Europe where it led me to sales all over Europe as well as making many connections and having the pleasure of working with Harrods and clients in the UAE.
• Developed and implemented 2 year plan for the development of Childrensalon own label, launched in 2018.
• Worked with Harrods Own Label (HOL) designing their New Born to 5 Year old ready to wear girl’s formal, party wear and christening ranges.
• Approached by Al Emadi Group out of Doha in Qatar to design a children’s collection for specialist luxury boutique in the new Al Hazim complex in Doha Qatar.
• Retain good relations with contacts in QATAR.
• Published in David Jones Australia catalogue in 2008 through to 2014.
• Published in MYER Australia catalogue in 2009.
• Published in Studio Bambini in 2009 through to 2013.
• Published in Southside News Local Newspaper Australia in 2010.
• Exhibitor at Bubble London in 2013.
• Exhibitor at Playtime Paris in 2013.
• Exhibitor at Pitti Bimbo Florence in 2014.
• Expanded Christening Kids sales to a Global Market place including London, Russia and UAE with 18 months.
• Expanded Baby By Yanna sales to a National level within 12 months.
• Expanded Kouture Kids sales to a Global Market including the UAE and Russia.
• Created and Developed Yanna Couture specifically to meet the needs of the QATAR market and the Al Emadi Group.
• Achieved customer service and satisfaction levels by over 93% across all ranges.
• Devised and implemented Policies and Procedures that assisted in the increase of global sales across the ranges by 67%.
• Implemented policies and procedures that increased quality control and manufacturing efficiency levels by over 75%.
• Developed market specific designs and lines to address the needs of developing and emerging market segments that increased sales on a national and international level by over 56% across all ranges.
Associate Diploma of Business Management
Yeronga Institute of T.A.F.E, Brisbane QLD, 1992
Bachelor of Arts
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane QLD, 1994
BACHELOR OF FASHION University of Canberra 2017-2019
Cert IV TAE
fashion design lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with sewing lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about embroidery lessons?
Taking patchwork lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$145||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$300||$250|