Firstly, I always keep in mind that every student is unique and should be handled differently, with utmost care and understanding. I therefore usually start off with a quick and casual chat, either off topic, just enquiring about the student, to get him/her comfortable, or, I start off on a very practical side note of the concept that we need to go over for the day. For example, if we need to discuss about transformers (or any device), I would first take a detour and talk about how we use transformers on a day to day basis, show the practical importance of the device, and then start engaging the student into the material once he/she has gained sufficient motivation for the same.
Apart from that, I also always try to incorporate organized note taking methods, color coding important concepts and using other visual teaching techniques, which not only prevents the class from getting too monotonous, but also helps students (speaking from experience) to really retain and appreciate the study content that they are learning.
My name is Eden Rose Fernandes, I am currently pursuing an MS degree in Electrical Engineering at the University of Melbourne, and am extremely keen to utilize my existing skills and experience to make a difference to others.
I have always been an ambitious and hardworking student, achieving good grades right from my younger days. I have currently received a letter of appreciation for outstanding academic achievement from the HOD of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Melbourne.
I strongly believe however, that to bring out the best in oneself, it is necessary to be unafraid to seek out new horizons. Apart from academics therefore, I have always been deeply involved in extracurricular activities, securing prizes and laurels in singing, elocution, dramatics and English literary writing, at collegiate, intercollegiate and state levels which have helped me build my overall personality and have given me both the confidence and the humility to give my 100 percent towards any task assigned to me.
I am also deeply involved with social service institutions including the Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Aged, All India Catholic University Federation (AICUF) and Mangalore Musical and Cultural Association (MMCA). These institutions have given me true joy in visiting, helping and spreading smiles to the poor, the elderly and the underprivileged. I am a true believer in the almighty and have also been active in church activities; as an altar server from a young age and currently, as a member of the church choir. I was nominated as the Head Girl in 12th grade and as the Treasurer of the Electronics and Communication Department of my college. I am a current member of Engineers Australia (EA ID: 7261246), Melbourne University Electrical Engineering Club (MUEEC), Music Club, Toastmasters Club and Christian Union.
Furthermore, I have always believed that through teaching, one gains more knowledge. This has encouraged me to tutor my juniors and batchmates from a very young age in subjects that they find difficult. Sharing my knowledge and experience with others gives me a sense of sheer joy and satisfaction, coupled with a desire to learn more. I am hence currently appointed as Engineering and IT Student Ambassador and Melbourne Peer Mentor at The University of Melbourne. This journey incorporates spreading the spark of engineering and innovation to young minds, primarily focusing on young girls to be unafraid to step into the field of engineering. This experience has not only influenced my approach towards life but has also strengthened by passion for challenges and learning something new each day.
With formal work experience as an Engineering & IT Student Ambassador, Junior Cyber Security Analyst, Academic Tutor/Peer Mentor, Telecommunications Intern, Associate IT Consultant, Project Manager and Master of Ceremonies, I truly am ready to take another step further to reach out and share my knowledge and understanding with others. If given the opportunity, I would work with dedication and do my best to make this new journey as exciting as possible, filled with discovery, challenges and partnered achievement.
• Master of Electrical Engineering at The University of Melbourne
• Appointed as Engineering and IT Student Ambassador at The University of Melbourne
• Appointed as Melbourne Peer Mentor at The University of Melbourne
• Appointed as student representative for Communication Networks at The University of Melbourne
• Completed 90-hour course on business English, Communication Skills and Personality Development by IPOINT Consulting Services Pvt Ltd.
• Mentor at SuperHack 2019 robotics hackathon arranged by Melbourne University Electrical Engineering Club (MUEEC) for high school girls
• Current member of MUEEC, Student Ambassador Program, Melbourne Peer Mentor Program, Music Club, Toastmasters Club and Christian Union at The University of Melbourne
• Member of Engineers Australia, EA ID: 7261246
• Member of SIGMATHS association, promoting exceptional students in Mathematics
• Treasurer of PRODIGI, an ECE department association, promoting innovative thinking
• Member of social service and cultural institutions; Melbourne Konkan Community (MKC), All India Catholic University Federation (AICUF), Mangalore Musical and Cultural Association (MMCA), Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Aged
• Former altar server and current member of the Church choir
• Casual tutor in English, Mathematics, Science (on requirement basis)
• Seasoned musician, public speaker, master of ceremonies, littérateur
• Hosted multiple collegiate and inter-collegiate events
• Certified with distinction, till grade 4 in Western Vocals and grade 2 in Keyboard, by Trinity College, London
• Reached semifinals in Verbattle 2010 state level debate competition
• Felicitated with the ‘Nightingale Award’ of Mangalore by MMCA
• Obtained letter of appreciation for outstanding academic achievement from HOD of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne
• Rewarded the Melbourne School of Engineering Scholarship for a period of two years
• Overall college topper in 1st year engineering, with second semester aggregate of 88.25%
• Acquired 5th rank at VTU level in first year engineering
• Obtained 125 out of 125 in Engineering Mathematics II
• Subject topper in Control Systems, Network Analysis, Engineering Mathematics II, Elements of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Elements of Mechanical Engineering
• Scored 316/340 in GRE (Graduate Record Examination), 113/120 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), 641/800 in CoCubes PRE-ASSESS employability test, 1116th All-India rank in COMEDK examination
• Appointed as Head Girl of Lourdes Central School, Bejai, in 2012
• Received offer letters for Masters from The University of Southern California, Arizona State University, The University of Massachusettes, Washington State University, The University of Houston, The University of Melbourne, Monash University and RMIT University
Eden, a very enthusiastic person with creative skills. Her communication skills is very good. She is a very friendly person, which is also a necessary quality for being a teacher. As much as I know, she never broke anyones trust, so definitely she would be the best choice for teacher.
She has very good communication skill and she will give active participation in all fields.
She is very good singer and also she will do anchoring.
She has never broke anyones trust so really she would be a great teacher.
Only a good learner can give great lessons And eden is one of the greatest learners i ever met.
I had the privilege to work with Eden in the same project and she was truly an asset to the organization. I was really impressed with her dedication and orientation towards any tasks she was assigned to. She believes in spreading and sharing knowledge to as many minds as possible. Also, she has the knack for teaching and has very good communication skills, I'm sure, students will get to learn a lot from Eden.
Eden is the best tutor one can possibly hope for. Her communication skills are excellent. She is also very helpful. I think she would make a great teacher.
I first met Eden when I was around 14 years old. Even back then, her English was something which a lot of us would be envious about because it was that good. We had an arrangement where I would help her with her Mathematics and she would help me with my English. Part of the reason why I am able to converse so well in English today is because of her guidance. ( She is also an amazing singer :P )
She has great communication skills & has affluent vocabulary, so best equipped to tutor.
Along with this affable and amiable in person, which makes her easily approachable.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about written comprehension - english lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|