- Hourly rate $60
- Response Time 1h
- Number of students 9
Former Senior Lecturer at the iconic Design College Australia, creative all-rounder, Adobe CC expert and generally enthusiastic person.
- at your home
Helen is one of our best Graphic Design tutors. High-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
I am a former Senior Lecturer at the renowned Design College Australia, teaching the Adv Dip of Visual Communication & Photoimaging for over 6 years. I have worked in the creative industries for over 15 years, with key roles as Creative Director of Basis Advertising Brisbane, and of my own studio since 2008.
- Minimum 1 hour
- Can be for students, professionals, business owners or anyone with a graphic design task
- Lessons begin with a 10 minute discussion / establishment of the situation. Questions are asked and goals of the hour are established.
- Lesson ends with a 10 minute review of learnings against the goals set at the start. Any additional questions are answered if time allows.
- Next appointment is set if applicable
- 5 and 10 lesson packs can be purchased at a discount.
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS (for tech-based lessons)
- I am using Adobe Creative Cloud software (standard industry graphic design applications include Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Acrobat), on a Mac.
- You operating system is not a problem, there will only be some different shortcuts otherwise it is identical.
- If you are subscribed to Adobe CC and have not updated to the latest version, I recommend you do update your apps before your lesson
- if you have an old boxed version of Adobe CS, I CAN still work with you. I would have to meet with you in person but I am familiar with this software.
- I am also familiar with most other design software with very quick adjustment. Assuming the lesson is not specifically for help using that application but for help with layout fundamentals, typography, photo retouching techniques etc, I can still help. Please do advise in advance of your software so I can research.
- Graphic Design
- All Levels
My name is Helen and I am someone who definitely found the right career in design. I spent 6 years as Creative Director in a boutique Brisbane ad agency, I have worked in-house for large corporates and even built up my own diverse client base. I've worked on everything you can imagine, from magazine design and publishing to setting up my own custom printed garment business.
But the highlight of my career has absolutely been my time lecturing at the renowned Design College Australia. There I was honoured to help shape the careers of some of today's brightest talents. You may even be one of them ... or you may be hired by one. Seeing my students achieve gives me a rush of happiness better than anything I have achieved on my own.
Perfect! Helen is very methodical and explains everything so you can translate into your field of learning.
Perfect! Helen is a fantastic teacher, with a strong understanding of Adobe Illustrator, she adapts the lesson to student needs and capability.
- Helen's response : Katie is very professional, quick to pick up new skills and extremely open to new ways of thinking through complex problems. I had a great time working with her and look forward to future lessons.
Perfect! I can tell Helen has a passion for what she does and I feel that if you have passion, you really love what you do, which is present in her teaching, thank you.
Perfect! Helen is extremely helpful & knowledgeable, she knows her stuff very well and is brilliant at skill development! 11 out of 10 :)
- Helen's response : Chris is extremely creative and 100% committed to his learning goals. I've found him inspiring to teach.
See more reviews
Helen has been teaching me the ins and outs of Photoshop for the last few months. I don’t know how I would have survived my new job without her help.
Helen is everything I wanted in a tutor. She is professional, punctual and committed to real and sustainable learning outcomes and results. She is also good-humoured, warm, empathetic and encouraging and as such, she creates a safe and inspiring space to learn. She is also incredibly intelligent and a true expert at Adobe Creative Suite. She delivers above and beyond what is expected.
Helen is a fantastic teacher! She really knows her stuff and is incredibly patient. I strongly believe her background in lecturing really helps in teaching the basics of graphic design. I would definitely recommend Helen for anyone needing to work on projects as well as learn the fundamentals. I really enjoy my lessons with Helen :)
Helen has been a fantastic teacher!
Helen has been an invaluable asset to my small business since 2016.
She is patient and very knowledgeable, I always walk away from our sessions having learned something that I can incorporate into the work I do.
I would highly recommend anyone add Helen to their business resources.
Helen assisted me with my business branding. She was very thorough and direct & I’m really happy with the outcome. She was very patient & explained everything to my level. Explaining not only the What but also the Why. Highly recommended.
View more recommendations
- 5h: $300
- 10h: $600
- + $$10