I am interested to teach in groups as well as face to face lesson. I am committed and reliable and look forward to helping students in the best possible ways by catering to their individual learning strategies.
I have 6 years of teaching experience in School and hold a Masters in TESOL from the University of Canberra. I have taught children ranging from 7- 17 years old and also helped students with learning difficulties and took in charged of other co-curricular activities.
Email: (concealed information)
184 Majura Avenue, Ainslie, ACT, 2602
I’m applying for a vacant post of Casual Tutor for English in and around Canberra. I’ve always been interested in taking this responsibility for various reasons. The fact that I studied at University of Canberra taking Masters of Arts in TESoL has given immense impetus to transact and make links with people from diverse fields. It has also enriched me different teaching strategies in coping with children.
As a hardworking student with ability to meet deadlines and produce work to a high standard, I think I would be able to put my skills to good use for this important job. As I have a proficiency in language coupled with social skills, this career would be a perfect fit. My two years of studying Diploma in Community Services at CIT, Bruce has enabled me to interact with students from different cultural background, interact with both children and youth in finding solutions to their problems and acquired bit of counselling skills.
Having worked in schools in Bhutan for more than six years and having acquired knowledge to deal with various stakeholders, I am confident to deliver public services. In due course, I can develop sound relationship with everyone in the schools and beyond. I will prove to be resourceful and competent. During my six years of teaching service in Bhutan, I have taught English to pre-primary to 8th grade students. I have also taught subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies, history. I carried other responsibilities like being a coordinator for clubs and in running of school functions.
My ability to work well in a team has been demonstrated in a number of group projects. Not only did I develop my communication and skills, I also learnt how to negotiate and juggle tasks. I’m also particularly proud of my ability to be assertive and positive in all situations.
I commit that I will make significant contribution. I will help students who are timid and docile by nature to open up and be confident. I will substitute those teachers on leave, help them prepare teaching aids, planning daily lesson plans, engage children with various activities, create conducive learning at atmosphere, involve with children’s social activities, teach them basic IT skills and cooperate fully with all school staff.
• Carried out volunteer services working in remote schools of Bhutan
• Helped achieve 100% academic result
• Volunteered with PCYC, Canberra
Job Title- School Teacher
Company Name – Mongar Lower Secondary School
Dates of Employment- 2007-2013
• Carried out responsibility of class teacher and Literary club advisor
• Handled all media and public relations inquiries
• Coordinated meetings with parents and teaching staffs frequently
• Organized literary activities with enhanced effects
• Assisted school Principal in event planning and carrying out day to day task
• Drafted numerous minutes of the meeting
• Excellent time management
• Writing reports (meetings and discussions)
• Travel arrangements
• Communicate and exchange information
• Dedicated team player
• Organizing events
• Proficient in Words and Excel, and social media
• Proficient in Language
• Possesses sound communication skills
• Multi tasking ability
• Interest in sporting and participate in outdoor activities
• Reliable: Commended reliability demonstrated by completion of all rostered shifts as well as availability for non-preferred shifts to assist during peak seasons.
• Enthusiastic: Always willing to build morale and improve work environment by showing enthusiasm for all tasks and responsibilities.
• Adaptable: High levels of flexibility allow adaptation to demands of a highly competitive and demanding industry.
1. Masters of Arts in TESoL, University of Canberra (year)
2. Bachelors of Education, Samtse College of Education, Royal University of Bhutan (year)
1. Volunteer Work/Community Involvement
I have been actively in involved in community services while in my home country. Here too, I am an active member of the Australia Bhutan Association in Canberra.
With a desire to experience new cultures and environments—I love to travel and learn about different cultures.
3. Child Care
I am a responsible person who loves being around with kids. I am always fascinated by their ability to do different things each new day. Whether it be babysitting for friends, taking care of my own kids, or working as a camp counselor, something like child care has always filled my heart. As a teacher I have genuine inclination towards children.
4. Pet Care
I love pets. My interest in animals became more pronounced as my parents run a rehabilitation centre for animals in Bhutan.
This is the best activity I try to fill my leisure time. I started reading ever since my primary school days.
University of Canberra
Mail: (concealed information)
Contact no: (concealed information)
Lecturer, Paro College of Education
Mail: (concealed information)
Contact no: 0(concealed information)18
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$30|