- My primary goal as a tutor is to ensure the student develops their own personal strategies and techniques when faced with work. My tutoring philosophy centers around the idea of 'leading by example', I help the student get organised, motivated and prepared to tackle assignments by offering guidance on how to approach a task.
- My secondary goal is to ensure the student grasps the necessary skills to help them succeed in their studies. Whether they wish to bump a 'C' to a 'B', or a 'B' to an 'A', or even just maintain their grade average, I will try and make sure that happens! Strong foundations lead to strong buildings, so I always try to reinforce the fundamental skills of written/spoken English, essay writing, text analysis, creative writing and more.
- Every student is different, with different abilities and skills, therefore, my tutoring techniques will differ for everyone. However, for all my students, I will make certain that they are assisted in any way they can - without doing the work for them! I create portfolios for my students, with past work and current assignments, to ensure that I am actively involved in helping them create the best work they possibly can. I also am always conscientiously using my email account to stay in touch with students: for when they may have queries, or some text for me to proofread.
- I have had many tutors in my time at school, and I found that the most beneficial and successful ones were those who could communicate effectively with me and who managed to create a dialogue about the work I was doing. I wish to try and do the same for all my students: get them talking, thinking about their work, and in turn getting them motivated about doing their best in their studies, and accomplishing their schooling goals.
- Small amount of younger student tutoring in High School
- Super motivated to teach, tutor and learn at the same time!
- I am very young and can relate to the students I teach
- I am very professional in my manner
- I am very motivated to teach, and am passionate about my field of study
Travelling more than 30k will incur an additional $5.00 travel fee.
- Academic colors 2014-2017
- Top of subject award - English Literature (Extension)
- Accepted into Advanced Humanities at University of Queensland
- Accepted into English Literature at University of Melbourne
- Top 10 in Grade - English
- Gold academic endeavor award
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with reading lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about literature lessons?
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$160||Not available|