In our first lesson, I will generally ask the student to tell me specifically what they would like to work on or improve in our lessons. Perhaps you might want to learn the basics of reading music, or perhaps you have already learned the basics and want to practice them with my guidance. The first lesson is simply to determine what level you are at and how I can best help you going forwards. After that we will work in greater detail on the areas that you have identified as requiring attention. I'm also very flexible, so if you want to venture into learning some piano or violin or progressing into sight-singing, we can also do that.
I am a violinist with 15 years of formal training in violin, piano and music theory. In this time I have won a number of competitions and developed a high level of skill on my instrument. I have been mentoring young violinists for over six years now and I assist other students with music theory and general music skills.
I kindly ask that any lesson cancellations be made at least 24 hours in advance of the organised time, or the full lesson fee will be charged.
- Licentiate Diploma on the violin (LMusA) with distinction, the highest grade achievable in this exam
- Associate Diploma on the piano (AMusA) also with distinction
- Overall winner of the NSW Secondary Schools Concerto Competition
- First place in multiple categories at the Sydney Eisteddfod:
- 19 and under at age 14
- 14 and under at age 12
- Prize winner at the Alf and Pearl Pollard Instrumental Memorial Instrumental Awards
- Semi-finalist in the Kendall National Violin Competition
- Performed as soloist (violin) with the Australian Chamber Orchestra Academy, the Penrith Symphony Orchestra and the Ku-ring-gai Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Performed piano as soloist under the baton of Dr Nicholas Milton
Trained at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music in the Rising Stars Open Academy from 2011 to 2020.
I know Emily through her IB program. She has fully immersed herself in the teamwork and self-directed learning environment of the IB program for Years 11 and 12, and thus is well on her way to becoming a good teacher. In addition to that, she scored very well in her Year 12 IB program, which puts her in a good position with regards to her knowledge base.
Emily is an extremely conscientious and a diligent perfectionist. She will do her utmost to ensure she helps your child improve their understanding of whatever subject topic she is helping them with. She is a close family friend of mine, and I have seen her growing up, and her positivity is infectious.
music theory lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with piano keyboard lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about music early learning activities - for children lessons?
Taking violin lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|