My teaching methodology is learner-centred. I make sure my student knows what they want to learn. I then identify their weaknesses and turn them into strengths. I never spend excessive time lecturing, let alone proselytising. I encourage students to challenge themselves and take initiative for their learning and demonstrate to me on a consistent basis what they have learnt. The student will always talk more than I do. Each lesson is a profitable investment not only in their education but in their personal development.
I am a graduate student who majored in Philosophy at the University of Melbourne. I will commence my Masters degree in International Business in March, 2020. I have a vast background in the humanities and social sciences. As the son of a former diplomat, I grew up and studied in six different cities: Islamabad, New York, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Melbourne. I have a deep interest in comparative political theory, globalisation and philosophy. I have tutored Burmese refugees during my time in Malaysia and in Beijing, while I was completing my International Baccalaureate, I helped ESL students practice for their IELTS/TOEFEL exam and spent countless hours helping revise personal statements and college applications.
Normally, I will charge the same amount. However, if I do have to travel outside of the city/more than 20 km, I will charge an extra five dollars -- topping up myki is expensive, notwithstanding student concession!
- Marketing intern at StarTimes (one of, if not the biggest, digital television operators in Africa. Headquarters are in Beijing, China)
- Intern at Group Development Pakistan (NGO that helps victims of abuse and neglect, mostly but not limited to children)
- Club officer and committee member of Melbourne University Soccer Club and Melbourne University Futsal Club
- Three time Australian University Nationals Division One (Olympics of Australian Universities) Football/Soccer athlete
- Tutor (private) in Beijing
- Tutor (CHIN refugee centre in Malaysia)
- A* in GCSE English (Cambridge)
- 39 Points for my International Baccalaureate (ATAR 97.35)
- Philosophy major at the University of Melbourne
- Masters Student at Melbourne Business School (International Business)
- Polyglot: Fluent in English, Urdu/Hindi, Spanish; can converse confidently in Mandarin (HSK 5); decent Korean (mother is South-Korean) and am currently learning French.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|