My methodology is mainly tailored towards the learning style and pace of the student. In advance of tutoring a student, I generally conduct some tests and determine the student's strengths and weaknesses, and well as the areas where they struggle the most. I tailor sessions to these factors.
One priority for me as a tutor is to ensure that the student has a solid understanding of the foundational concepts in the relevant subject. Sometimes, lacking formal technique and basic skills are the greatest hindrance to a student's ability to succeed, and generally prevents them from moving on to more advanced levels.
In general, I am very attentive to each student's unique needs, and am highly patient in helping them to succeed.
I will soon be starting a Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program. I excelled in both math and science classes, completing high school level courses with marks consistently above the 90s. I have been trained as an advanced level tutor in math and physics.
I have lots of experience tutoring, and done both supervised and unsupervised sessions.
For travel, I charge an additional fee of the price of transit of a one-way trip to you. I will myself cover the price of the way back.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in Political Science with Honours and Distinction at the University of Toronto
- Completion of high school level Advanced Functions with a final grade of 94%
- Completion of high school level Calculus with a final grade of 97%
- Completion of high school level AP Physics with a final grade of 91%
- Certificate of Completion of a 3-day Extensive mentorship training program at the University of Toronto, Canada (2017)
- Statistics in Research Tutor at the University of Toronto, Canada (2016-2017)
- Personally trained as a tutor by Paul Mallok (Math and Physics teacher at the City Adult Learning Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada) (2018)
- Advanced level Math and Physics Tutor at the City Adult Learning Centre, Supervised by Paul Mallok (2018-2019)
- Private tutor for an average of 8 students annually in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (2016-2019)
- Volunteer tutor at Aurora Public Library, Aurora, Ontario, Canada (2018)
Admitted to Ryerson University based in Toronto, Canada, for a Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program, starting in September.
Sarvi is very patient and tries different approaches to teaching if one is not working out. I would highly recommend her to any student who needs help with building a strong maths foundation. Her ability to breakdown difficult concepts and explain them step by step is extremely helpful. Thank you so much Sarvi!
Sarvi is one of the most dedicated and friendly people I know! She explains things with patience, kindness, and also has a great sense of humour putting you at ease. One of the greatest!
As one of Sarvi's old students I can say she is absolutely amazing! She is warm and encouraging, but expects the best so you want to rise to the occasion and impress her! Never had a better tutor, and also, I just want to be her friend.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about physics lessons?
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|