Where I differ from many other tutors is that my teaching methodology is not based on asking students to remember formulas, but rather helping them fully understand each concept. My lessons are very flexible and tailored to each individual student and their learning needs. Lessons are interactive, where I get students to actively participate, rather than passively absorb content. Moreover, my duty as a teacher extends beyond the lesson time, and thus I provide ongoing support during the week as well.
I am currently a 3rd year medical student, and have tutored 20+ students over the last 6 years. I have taught primary school, high school and even medical students, all of whom have achieved highly in their respective subjects. Notable mentions include students gaining entry into Selective High Schools in Victoria and scholarships at reputed private schools.
My rate varies between $30-50 based on level of maths tutoring required by the student. However, prices are negotiable.
Qualification: Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) [halfway through the course]
Achievements & Experiences:
- Employed by Saint’s Catholic College as a residential assistant for 2020, and promoted to senior residential assistant for 2021
- Conducted academic mentoring for first year medical students throughout the year as part of a Saint’s Catholic College initiative
- Completed work experience in a dental clinic and Northeast Health Wangaratta to observe the professionals in action, witness the scale of operations and doctor-patient interactions.
- Captain of Melbourne High School’s 1st XI Cricket team
- Work experience at Deakin University with the Research and Development team
- Started tutoring students for the selective entry high school exams (Victoria)
- Represented Victoria at the Australian Karate Federation National Championships
- Began tutoring a student, helping her in successfully gaining a scholarship at Kilvington Grammar, Melbourne Grammar and later Mac Robertson Girl’s High School
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|