Hi, my name is Xin. I am currently a 4th year medical student at Monash University who has completed the international baccalaureate diploma in Singapore and obtained 43 points (ATAR equivalent 99.70). I have a current national police clearance, working with children as well as a full driving license.
I am currently tutoring IB HL/SL Chemistry, Biology, Economics as well as VCE Chemistry, Biology. For IB I have achieved perfect scores in HL Biology, Chemistry, Economics and SL Mandarin B and Math, achieving a score of 43 out of 45 points. Having done medicine for the last 4 years, I am able to apply and explain challenging biology and chemistry concepts in ways that other tutors cannot. Medicine is a challenging course and I have achieved high distinction in my most recent year of study (84.0).
Each session will have:
- Whiteboard and marker
- Patient and clear explanation of advanced and/or important ideas
- Link with relevant or interesting real life concepts eg. anatomy / physiology
- Question banks split by topics and year relevant to latest study design / IBO syllabus
- Willing to go overtime if necessary
- Practice exams for Chemistry and Biology from 2012 to 2017 including the new study design.
- Ask for help online anytime I am available.
- EE/TOK/IA tips and advice
- Can travel to you
- Free over-time for last minute Q&A
- Flexible schedule
I also offer ISAT and UMAT courses and workshops.
My tutoring experience includes:
- 1 year of tutoring Math and Science to struggling primary school children as part of a volunteering program
- 2 years of tutoring IB and VCE to year 11/12 students.
- I am currently tutoring IB Chemistry, Biology, Economics, VCE Chemistry, VCE Biology, General Math B to year 11 and 12 students and running an ISAT/UMAT/ medical interview preparation workshop.
- I have taught students from different schools such as Killester college, Wesley college (city and Glen Waverley), John Monash, Kew High and Nossal High School.
- Taught 20 students from primary school up to Uni Y2
- 6 Uni Y1 students obtained distinction - high distinction
- Knows the IB system - 43 pointer with subject combination of HL Biology/Chemistry/Economics, SL Mathematics, English Literature and Chinese
- Successful ISAT courses
Travel charges apply for distances above 10km
IB 43 points, 7 in HL Biology, Chemistry, Economics, SL Math and Chinese B
Monash MD, doctor-to-be 2020
Physiology Distinction Award
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|