I've always been extremely passionate in teaching and helping people in general, and people say I'm a really good teacher! My teaching method is usually consisted on trying to make sure the student grasps the idea of each lesson and exercise, and not only memorises what he should do for each situation. My intentions are to make sure the students learn how to think and solve problems for themselves in a way they can apply for any exercise they face regarding that subject. I'm really pacient and my philosphy is all about not letting the student get stressed and unfocused.
I am an exchange science (geosciences) student at Monash University. In my home university in Brazil, I'm currently in my 4th year of geology. I always got really good results in both my home university and in Monash, but more important than my grades are my abilities to teach. I've been a tutor for four different geology units back in Brazil, besides teaching Chemistry in a public university prep course for more than a year.
TUTORING IN MY HOME UNIVERSITY - University of São Paulo (Brazil) - 2016-2018
- I was a tutor for four different units in my home university: Geochemistry, Igneous Petrology, Mineralogy and Engineering Geology.
- This allowed me to have more experience in peer-to-peer help and support and gave me knowledge about teaching techniques on more advanced, tertiary topics (regarding geology)
TEACHING CHEMISTRY - University Public Preparatory Course (University of São Paulo - Brazil) - Jan/2017-Jul/2018
- I was a volunteer chemistry teacher at a public preparatory course to enter universities in Brazil for one and a half year.
- During this time, I teached classes of 30 to 40 students, and followed a tight schedule of subjects and classes I should give before the end of each semester (always associated with the university entrance exams), including separate classes to pesonally assess students with difficulties in the subject.
- Developed great teaching skills, including how to teach for a whole class and how to make complex subjects as understandable and within reach as possible, focusing on the more important aspects of each subject.
CASUAL PRIVATE TUTORING - Independent, Brazil - Jun-Sep/2016
- Had some casual private tutoring sessions during 2016 on subjects such as Maths, Chemistry and Physics (at secondary school level), where I went to the student's house and helped them with any themes they had issues with or solving exercise sheets and previous exams as needed.
- Acquired experience on the dynamics of private tutoring and how to personally assess each student with their own personalities and preferred style of learning
GRADUATION IN GEOLOGY - University of São Paulo (Brazil) - 2015-Current (1 year left)
- Was the first of my class during my whole graduation
- Completed a 1-year research project about meteorites in 2018
- Units that helped me with my tutoring over the years included: Calculus (I, II and Numerical), Linear Algebra, Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Waves and Oscillations, Chemistry, Geochemistry, Evolutionary Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Astronomy, Engineering Geology, and others.
EXCHANGE SCIENCE STUDENT - Monash University (Melbourne, VIC) - Mar/2019-Current
- Granted an exchange scholarship from my home university to study at Monash for a year
- During my first semester, I got full HDs, showing my intense commitment to my studies.
- Units that will definitely help me with tutoring include Relativity and Cosmology and Critical Thinking.
Portuguese - Native
English - Fluent (111 TOEFL)
Spanish - Intermediate
German - Basic
Hindi - Basic (really basic)
I had the opportunity to see Felipe teaching for classes of more than 30 students on entrance exams courses as well as in several subjects in geosciences as a tutor.
Since I knew him, I could see his impressive ability to transform complexes topics of hard sciences in something more accessible or easy for people. Always with his formidable mood and huge patience!
For sure he is a great choice for who is looking for a Personal tutor!
I've known Felipe for four years and, during this period, I had the opportunity to see how devoted he is when we talk about teaching. Not only he taught chemistry very well in a university prep course, but he gave lessons about speleology and related topics in two courses of our speleology group. In all this cases, it was evident his habilities of being a great teacher!
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with physics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about algebra lessons?
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||$32||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||$40||$180|