I like to use the newest scientific based language teaching approaches and you can see my teaching in this metaphor "you jump in the pool of this new language, and i am always at the side of the pool supporting you and helping you so you never feel unsafe, until you can swim alone with confidence"
I base my classes on the need of the student and go at a pace that suits the student. I don't mind explaining things more than once and i always explain the difficult topics in different ways until you understand them.
I am a teacher in languages since 2016. I have a degree in applied linguistics for Dutch, French and Spanish. I have an additional teaching degree from the KUL university in Belgium. I am fluent in all these languages. My students call me patient, happy, enthusiastic and say they feel safe to make mistakes and learn. They enjoy the varied lessons and relatable topics and tasks.
My partner is from an English speaking country so i speak English all the time even though i do not have an official degree (yet) in English. I am studying myself for IELTS highest level of English at the moment. So i definetly understand the challenges of language learning and found ways of coping with them, ways that i can teach you too. I love to travel and learn new languages myself and cannot wait to pass that enthusiasm to others (without being annoying ;))
Cancellation policy: If the student at one point decides to quit before the end of the series of planned lessons , the end of series is communicated to teacher before start of first lesson and number of courses can be added at any time (this will be arranged via email) , if the student decideds to quit before agreed end date, 1 hour (32 dollars) will be charged as indemnisation.
* Academic bachelor degree in applied linguistics
* advanced degree in applied linguistics
* Academic degree in education
* 3 years of teaching experience for grades 7-12
* experience in tutoring , proof reading papers from students
* experience with working with insecure, demotivated students and / or students who study with anxiety or fears of failure or other that might influence their learning behaviour/pace
* specialised in the newest teaching methods, with eye for needs of student, i adapt my teaching method to what seems to suit student the best
* IELTS advanced level of English certificate
dutch lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$32|