Before each lesson commences, I would make a lesson plan for each student according to their needs as well as preparing quizzes and worksheets to make sure they truly understand the topic they’re learning. I’m very eager to help students overcome the challenges they face. It gives me a sense of enjoyment to help my students gain a sense of achievement through their development over the lessons!
I’ve graduated from high school with an OP 2. I'm currently studying the Bachelor of Nursing at Griffith University. Through my experience of tutoring, I have been able to improve students’ grades and positively influence their attitude towards certain subjects. I’ve always had a passion for teaching and would love to help students maximise their potential and achieve their goals. I’m fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien). I also have extensive knowledge in maths (A & B), biology and chemistry. For me, knowledge is power. The world is changing, and it is changing fast. Hence, we must work hard and continually build on our knowledge!
JAN 2012 – NOV 2017
• Completed Year 12 and attained QCE
• Overall position(OP): 2
• Received multiple academic excellence awards
Bachelor of Nursing | Griffith University
FEB 2018 – OCT 2020
Chinese tutor | (Self-employment)
JAN 2017 – NOV 2017
- Provide feedback to students
- Prepare lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students’ needs and goals.
- Create teaching materials, such as handouts and quizzes
Maths and science tutor | Student Tutor Network
FEB 2018 – PRESENT
- Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, and reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Providing group tutorials
- Provide help for students having difficulties.
• Bilingual: English and Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien)
• Technical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
Excellent! Melanie is very professional and very polite.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about chemistry lessons?
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$25|