My teaching method is using visual aids, simplified complex mechanisms/process into step by step, easily understandable figures and explain in easy terms. During the classes I make sure maximum participation and attention of students. At the end of the class I make sure students memorize the lessons and continuously memorized studied lesson in every classes. I make sure students understand and memorize lessons by providing different activities, short notes, conducting tutorials and asking questions.
Accomplished and driven research professional with extensive experience in health sciences and veterinary practice. Have over five years’ experience working in academic roles in tertiary environments in both Australia and overseas.
I completed my PhD in Health Sciences (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) at the National Institute of Complementary Medicine, Health Research Institute, Western Sydney University. I am a veterinary graduate from faculty of veterinary medicine, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka and a registered veterinary surgeon in Sri Lanka.
2016 – 2019
Academic tutor/ supervisor
Western Sydney University, Campbelltown NSW
Key resposibility: undertake research assistant and lab demonstrator/supervisor roles within Human Biology, physiology, biochemistry, anatomy and Pharmacology disciplines
• Lead tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations and workshops
• Prepared and deliver quality tutorial and clinical practice unit sessions
• Provided academic support to undergraduate students
• Undertook administration tasks as required including preparation of teaching materials
2011 – 2013
Temporary Lecturer – Department of Applied Nutrition
Wayamba University, Sri Lanka
Key resposibility: Human Biochemistry, Communication, Human Physiology disciplines and genetics
• Lead lectures and laboratory sessions, assessed tutorials and reports
• Lead discussion classes,lead tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations and workshops
• Provided academic support to undergraduate students,Implemented learning objectives, lesson plans and activities
• Undertake administration tasks as required including preparation of teaching materials
Feb 2016 – Nov 2019:
PhD in Health Science (Complementary and Alternative Medicine)
NICM Research Institute, Western Sydney University, Campbelltown
Major subjects: Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Complementary medicine
Jul 2006 – Jan 2012:
Bachelor of Veterinary Science (First Class Honours)
Faculty of Veterinary Science and Animal Sciences, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Major subjects: Immunology, Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology, Anatomy, physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Genetics
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with cellular biology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about anatomy lessons?
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|