My teaching philosophy is centred around inclusion and the ability to reach high potentials. I have high but achievable expectations of students and find this gives students satisfaction when they complete a task. My lessons are geared towards students additional needs who like a fun and engaging environment. Lessons are broken into manageable chunks and then scaffold-ed to create meaning and relevance for students.
I will be graduating Primary Education with a specialisation in Special Needs next July. I have tutored in language support for 2 years and have completed two practicums in education support (one language development specific). I have worked in the disability sector since 2012 as a carer.
My rate depends on the distance travelled. The cheapest distance is the O'Connor and Shoalwater areas.
2009: babysitting (mainstream)
2012-2016: Special Needs Support Worker (one on one and group)
2013-2016: Education Assistant - Education Support (Volunteer)
2016: OSH Club (after school care)
2016-current: Disability Support Worker (group - organised events)
2017-current: Support Worker (group - work in a simulated workplace)
Attended professional development on: SCSA, Steiner Education, and SciTech STEM.
• “Foundation Year: Education” completed 2015
• “Bachelor of Education (Primary) – specializing in Special Needs” Graduating July 2019
• The equivalent of a Certificate 3-4 in Education Support (as of 2017 - due to credit points)
• OSH Club Assistant Training (Obtained 15th June 2016)
• Working with Children’s Check (Expires 7th April 2021)
• National Police History Clearance (Obtained 23rd July 2015)
• Senior First Aid Certificate (Obtained 28th July 2016)
• Epilepsy Training Certificate (Expires 23rd July 2019)
special needs - autism lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with special needs - physical impairment lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about support for students with a reading disorder lessons?
Taking special needs - asperger syndrome lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$40||$50||Not available|
|5 hours||$150||$200||Not available|
|10 hours||$350||$450||Not available|