I am an easy-going and friendly individual who is willing to teach maths to all types of students. My classes are not founded on traditional classroom methods where students are required to listen to a teacher's lesson. Instead, together my students and I explore the importance of each topic studied. My students are encouraged to ask questions as we master mathematics through problem solving and critical thinking.
I am a recent HSC graduate from St Philip's Christian College and received an ATAR of 99.15. I was also named in the All-Round and Distinguished Achievers merit list for achieving the top band in all of my subjects. I studied Maths Extension I and II, Physics, Chemistry and English Advanced for my HSC and placed first in both my subjects. I am intending to study Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and Bachelor of Applied Finance at Macquarie University.
• St Philip's Christian College – Jan 2015 to Sept 2020
• HSC ATAR 99.15
• Problem Solving
• Active listening
• Computer skills – Zoom
• Time Management
• Student Tutoring for Year K-12 Maths and HSC Physics – currently tutoring school students for Year K-12 Maths. I organised weekly lesson plans and administered weekly homework to students.
• Barista at Cook and Brew Charlestown – worked as a barista and kitchen hand at Cook and Brew cafe Charlestown, Newcastle
• Student Work Experience at Lingard Private Hospital – worked with qualified radiographers and at reception at Laverty pathology clinic in Lingard Private Hospital
• F1 in Schools Challenge – worked in a team of 5 students to represent my school in the 2018/2019 State and National competitions. We were required to construct a 20cm dragster that is raced down a 20m track and recorded our journey (time management, design and manufacture, finances and sponsorship) in portfolios. We were also interviewed by famous engineers and businessmen about our progress. We placed 2nd in the state and 8th in the nation in this competition
• HSC results – I achieved an ATAR of 99.15 in my HSC and was named in the All-Rounder and Distinguished Achiever merit list for achieving the top band in all my subjects. I studied Maths Extension I and II, Physics, Chemistry and English Advanced for my HSC and placed first in my class for both Maths subjects. My HSC marks for each subject were
- Maths Extension I = 97
- Maths Extension II = 94
- Physics = 92
- Chemistry = 91
- English = 90
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$30|