I base my classes as interactive as possible. I like my students to have fun while learning and make the lessons memorable. To do this I will link my teaching to real life experiences and use many resources. I also like students to have active learning experiences rather than being 'talked at'.
I am a qualified primary school teacher from the United Kingdom. I have offered extra tuition to primary school children in England for 6 months. I taught full time in England for 2 years. The students I taught were 6-7 years old so I am very confident teaching phonics and early reading skills. My main passion is English but I could offer tuition in any primary school subject.
Student Teacher, Oxfordshire, UK – September 2012 – June 2015
• Role: responsible for the progress of a class, planned, prepared and presented lessons that catered for the whole class, organised the classroom and learning resources, motivated pupils and maintained discipline.
• Insights gained: Development of communication skills and confidence in working with students, parents and other professionals.
Class Teacher, 6 & 7-year-olds, Hertfordshire, UK - September 2015 – July 2017
• Role: Planned, prepared and delivered lessons, monitored progress of students using formative and summative assessment, created resources to meet students' varying needs, developed schemes of work and lesson plans both collaboratively and individually, took responsibility for the progress of the students reporting progress to the senior leadership team 6 times per year, organized extracurricular activities, lead a subject ensuring teachers were teaching correct subject material and given resources and knowledge needed to do so, managed support staff efficiently.
• Insights gained: Expansion of experience of teaching and assessing students. Professional freedom allowed me to develop my knowledge of the curriculum, child development and how to provide students with extra support. How to build positive relationships with all children particularly those who has very difficult home lives. Learning how to successfully manage support staff and other teachers. Building on my leadership and interpersonal skills by working with many different practitioners.
Private Tutor, Hertfordshire, UK - July 2017 - October 2017
• Role: planned activities for the child, identified gaps in knowledge and planned booster sessions to fill them, built a positive relationship with the child, fostered an environment which all areas of the child’s development were built on placing an emphasis on reading for pleasure, improving self-esteem, logic and problem-solving.
• Insights gained: Widening of my skills set as an educator of a child with special educational needs. Learning to be very flexible in my teaching adapting quickly to the child’s needs often adapting activities to suit the needs of the child. Extending my knowledge of working with older children.
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with reading lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about literature lessons?
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$250|