Hi, My name is Krystal and I am an honours student at QUT. I am a very experienced tutor looking to teach English lessons to primary or high school students.
My lesson plans vary from student to student but a brief outline of my lessons include
- establishing problem areas for the student
- working through examples together to improve the students confidence and understanding
- setting questions for the student to complete
- homework questions
- for primary students I like to include reading
- assignment help
- exam prep
- wrap up on the session including gaging the students feelings and what areas need continued work.
I truly believe in providing students with the support they need to grow their confidence and achieve their academic goals.
I am a recent graduate of QUT where I studied a bachelor of justice (graduated with distinction). Currently, I'm doing my honour year thesis. I have several years experience tutoring and teaching horse riding lessons to students of various ages (children to adults). For the past 2 years I have been a mentor at QUT in the school of justice so I am very comfortable leading tutoring sessions, creating lesson plans, providing assignment help and exam prep, reading drafts/ providing feedback and explaining concepts in a concise and easy to understand manner.
JANUARY 2013 – AUGUST 2018
HORSE RIDING INSTRUCTOR/EQUINE TRAINER, SELF EMPLOYED
Teaching children-adults to ride horses as well as general secretarial/administrative duties.
• Scheduling lessons/ diary management
• Creating engaging lesson plans
• Communicating with clients on person and on the phone
• Responding to emails
• Accurate record keeping
• Writing quotes
• Handling money
• Social media
• Photo copying and printing documents
NOVEMBER 2016– MARCH 2017
RESEARCH ASSISTANT, QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOY VACATION RESEARCH EXPERIENCE SCHEME
Assisting an Academic with a major research project by completing research tasks, compiling sources and search phrases, attending meetings and note taking.
• Completing 100 hours of research
• Searching various databases
• Collecting and sorting relevant sources
• Note taking
• Liaising with professors
• Working with other assistants on tasks
• Note taking
• Attending meetings
• Professional academic writing
• Accurate data entry and record keeping
• Providing general assistance to the research advisors
• Answering emails
• Using Microsoft office suites and other sites such as dropbox
JANUARY 2017– CURRENT
JUSTICE MENTOR, QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOY
Working in a large team environment to provide support and assessment assistance to younger students within the school of justice.
• Leading drop in mentoring sessions
• Working with other mentors on specific tasks
• Public speaking
• Attending leadership conventions and training days
• Training new mentors
• Advertising the justice mentoring program within the university
• Assisting with exam study
• Referring students to various services such as library help and QUT counselling
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with reading lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about creative writing lessons?
Taking writing lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$27|