I can teach starting from the basics if you prefer or specific points which you need me to explain. I have experience in both teaching theoretical facts and working on practical lessons. Further, I can help you with your assignments, exams and day-to-day lessons.
I'm a PhD graduate in Zoology. I graduated from Queensland University of Technology and while I'm a PhD student I have worked as a demonstrator for 3rd year biology students. And also I have 2 years of work experience as a demonstrator working with all 1st, 2nd, 3rd and final year uni students immediately after completing by bachelors degree.
• PhD in Entomology – July2013 to May2017
Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia.
• BSc (Hons.) special degree in Zoology with 1st class honours – May 2007 to Sep 2011 Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
• G.C.E (A/L) with Biology (A), Chemistry (B) and Physics (C) in 2006
G.C.E (O/L) with 9 As in 2002
• Four years of work experience as a postgraduate researcher in the school of Earth, Environmental and Biological sciences, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia from July 2013 to 2017.
• Work experience as a teaching assistant in the school of Earth, Environmental and Biological sciences, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Subject: Pest Management for 3rd year students in 2016
• Two years of work experience as a teaching assistant in Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka from 2011 to 2013
Subjects: Basic ecology
Plant & animal form and function
Introductory environmental biology
Introductory evolutionary biology (Practical in charge)
Zoogeography and Sri Lanka fauna
Comparative anatomy and animal physiology
General entomology (Practical in charge)
Avian and mammalian biology
Biology of parasites
Science writing & presentation
• Awarded by the QUT write-up scholarship (QWU) in February 2017
• Awarded by the QUT Postgraduate Research Award (QUTPRA) Scholarship and QUT Higher Degree Research student tuition fee sponsorship from July2013 – Dec 2016
• Awarded by the University award for academic excellence (2010/2011) – General convocation 2011, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with cellular biology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about anatomy lessons?
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$45||$45||Not available|
|5 hours||$200||$200||Not available|
|10 hours||$350||$350||Not available|