My lessons are really simple:
Reading texts, comprehending them, then answering questions and writing about them. Nice and basic lessons to build the most important skills of English, literature, reading and writing. I also build confidence and self-esteem in my students.
I have been teaching since I was 14 (18 years!)
I have had hundreds of students over the years.
My country and male students have flourished the most under my teachings. Many have learned to read well under my teaching, and go on to gain marks in other subjects because of the confidence I have built in them.
• Certificate of Attainment in Interior Design 2017 (Wollongong Design Institute)
• Diploma of Counselling 2015 (Australian Institute of Family Counselling)
• Diploma of Education 2010 (Wesley Institute now Excelsia)
• Bachelor of Creative Arts 2009 (University of Wollongong)
o Major: Creative Writing and English literature
o Minor: History
• Higher School Certificate 2005 (Keira High School, Wollongong)St Joseph’s Catholic College
Katherine, Northern Territory
September 2016 – December 2016
At St Joseph’s I worked as an inclusion support worker, primarily with indigenous students in the secondary year groups. Most of my allocated students spoke English as their second or third language, and often had a reading or writing level of a lower primary school student. My duties were as follows:
• Assisting the class teacher with work allocation to supported students
• One-on-one tuition for select students
• Leading group work
• Supervising excelled study groups
• Interventions for indigenous students such as literacy, reading, science, and mathematics
• Academic support for indigenous students in differentiated assignments and research projects
• Behavioural management support for vulnerable students, especially young men
Chiltern Edge School
Reading, Berkshire, England
January 2016 – July 2016
At Chiltern Edge I worked with students with a broad range of skills and academic issues. Most of my classes featured students with mild to severe behavioural issues, as well as social issues ranging from fostered children, single parents, jailed parents, drug-abusing parents, and students with PTSD and anxiety due to violent upbringings and being victims of violent crimes. My experiences can be summarized in the following:
• English teacher (top set English, GCSE [Year 10] English, bottom set English, and students with special academic needs)
• Form teacher (pastoral care and discipline responsibilities for year 7, 8, 9 and 10 students)
• Liaising between school counsellor and students under my pastoral care
• Behavioural and disciplinary responsibilities in school’s behavioural unit
• Daily instruction of dyslexic and dyspraxic students, and students on the autism spectrum
• Identifying academic problems with students, and organizing and implementing programs and initiatives for these students
• Implementing appropriate academic interventions for low achieving students
• Setting academic testing, and reviewing results with CSD (Children’s Services Division)
• Daily instruction of students of minority groups, or those needing interventions
• Daily administrative responsibilities including incident record keeping, parental liaising
• Data entry, school and behavioural reports
• Regular reviewing of the UK child protection requirements
Wagga Wagga Christian College
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
January 2015 – December 2015
At Wagga Wagga Christian College I was both an English and history teacher. I moved there from Wollongong at the beginning of 2015 to dedicate myself to and learn about students in a rural environment. My duties are thus summarized:
• Delivering Stage 4, 5 and HSC programs (Years 7 to 12)
• Writing materials and differentiated lessons
• Teaching Assistant duties especially those with reading and writing difficulties
• Administering form (home care) tutoring and registration
• Giving pastoral and spiritual guidance
• Liaising between various departmental groups
• Applying one-on-one specialist interventions for indigenous and disadvantaged youths
• Contributing to after-school activities such as drama performances, guest visits, and sporting activities
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with reading lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about creative writing lessons?
Taking year 12 exam preparation lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|