My teaching method very much on what is personally wanted from you. Depending on the level and the focus I can go generally into what the tutee will find interesting at that time or it can be more geared towards examinations, looking at specific content and working through past papers.
I recently graduated from Manchester University with a 1st class master degree in physics. I studied at QE and received 3 As in maths, physics and chemistry. I have moved home and am looking to part time tutor while applying for grad schemes.
The University of Manchester 2014 – 2018
M(Phys), Physics – Predicted 1st 1st Year (73%), 2nd Year (69%), 3rd Year (79%)
• Investigated the heating effect of traffic on busy roads in Manchester for my master’s project last semester and currently designing and building cryogenic equipment to be used in experimental cosmology.
• Achieved 94% in the “Introduction to Programming for Physicists” course in second year learning Python and C++, currently on a C++ object orientated programming course.
Study Abroad Year at University of Maryland 2016 – 2017
• Selected for a competitive study abroad program in the US, which involved an extensive application process.
• Sought out a research project under Professor Steven Anlage focused on time-reversed electromagnetic waves. I independently conducted
the experiment and completed a report. The experiment involved coding on MATLAB which I had to learn quickly as I went along.
￼Queen Elizabeth’s Six Form College, Darlington
A levels: Maths (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (A). AS levels: Politics (B)
Yarm School, Stockton on Tees
11 GCSEs A* - B (including Maths and English)
The Green Program, Iceland
2011 – 2013 2006 – 2011
￼• Participated in a two week course focused on renewable energy in Iceland. We were given exclusive access to hydro and geothermal energy plants. The Program included lectures in Reykjavik University.
• We were also required to give a presentation to the professors on a business idea that would benefit society as well as make a profit.
Ali Quantum | Partner
• Worked for a graduate recruitment company using my strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with fellow students.
• Tasked with sourcing, screening and selecting high caliber candidates using LinkedIn and phone interviews.
Dolphin Centre Café | Bar & Food Staff
• General hospitality role working within all areas of a busy Café.
• Was trusted to open and close the Café as well as take up positions outside of my usual remit.
HAP recruitment | Festival Bar Staff
• Worked behind a busy bar at festivals throughout the summer.
• Provided excellent customer service whilst resolving any conflicts that would arise.
Uno Momento (Italian Restaurant) | Waiter
• Worked 13-hour days in busy restaurant environment.
• Liaised with customers to ensure they received excellent service.
Robogals | Volunteer
• Signed up to a student run organisation aimed at increasing female participation in STEM subjects.
• Help with events introducing primary school girls to robots and basic programming.
NETpark, Sedgefield | Volunteer
• Experience working in a research laboratory, with extreme sensitivity to dust and dirt.
• Responsible for helping organize and conduct a physics open day for secondary school students.
2017 – Present 2014 – Present 2017 Summer 2013 Summer
2017 – Present 2011 Summer
￼￼IT Experienced in Microsoft office, including excel. Programming experience with MATLAB, Python and C++, achieved exceptional marks in introductory programming course.
Sport Play competitive rugby for the University of Manchester and played for the University of Maryland. I am able to balance work and sport commitments and enjoy the social aspect that comes with team sports. I am also a member of the ski and the surf club, which involves trips with the university to various location
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|