I believe that intelligence comes from a "passion". It is the determination that got me where I am today. So, if I can get a student excited about the topic, my job is done.
My tutoring methodology primarily focusses on communication with the student effectively. A tutor should not make an assumption that just because students do not have any questions, they are understanding the topic. It is important to go around the class and ask questions individually to check on the understanding.
I enjoy helping students and teaching helps me pass on knowledge and explain in different ways that allows people to understand who learn in different ways. Teaching has helped me gain confidence. When someone actually begins to understand something, that is very satisfying for me. It means I am going to a job that is not only satisfying but lets me talk about things I am so passionate about.
Research Scientist at Dr Kathryn Guthridge lab, AgriBio: Centre for AgriBiosciences
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR)
Jun 2019- Current
• Analysis of fungal transcriptome for different endophytic strains.
• Gained skills to perform fungal isolations, nucleic-acid extractions and RNA-Seq library preparation.
• Assist post-doctorates and research scientists with their experiments and studies going on in the lab.
Graduate Research Student at Dr Fiona Constable lab, AgriBio: Centre for AgriBiosciences
La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia Jul 2018- May 2019
• Determine diversity of viruses infecting ornamental cactus plants in Australia.
• Determine virus host range through biological indexing on experimental plant.
• Discovery and characterisation of unknown viruses affecting cactus plants.
Individual Tutoring Nov 2017- Mar 2018
Tutored individual students of grade 5 and 8 for subjects Mathematics and Science, respectively.
SINGH STUDY CIRCLE, New Delhi, India Apr 2015- Mar 2017
Intern in Biology department
• Handle class of about fifteen students of Grade 9 and 10.
• Preparation of notes and briefings of chapters.
• Conduction of regular evaluations and assessments.
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$25||$25||Not available|
|5 hours||$120||$120||Not available|
|10 hours||$190||$190||Not available|