- I am a kind, passionate, and patient teacher, who is willing to organise my lessons around students needs.
- I have a strong focus on theory and theoretical concepts, as well as core writing and assessment structure.
- My philosophy has a strong focus on attitude, and I hope to encourage positivity toward learning, and a sense of encouragement!
- While I don’t have any qualifications working with special needs, I have ADHD and mild dyslexia, and am willing to take on students who may require alternative learning needs.
- I’m happy to work with parents to discuss and design learning goals that we can reach together.
- I hold a Bachelor of Arts (Sociology) from the University of Queensland, where I will be undertaking an Honours Thesis in 2021.
- I have been producing and editing university level work for 6 years.
- I have experience editing fiction for publication.
- I have a wide range of experience in the humanities such as in History, Film, Philosophy, Gender Studies, Social Science, Public Policy, Environmental Studies, Writing and Editing, and more.
- I am a keen learner and educator with broad experience and wide interests.
- Bachelor of Arts (Sociology) with a GPA 6
- 2021 Honours student in Sociology/Film
- University experience in Sociology, Political Science, History/Ancient History, Film Studies, Writing, English and English Literature, Creative Writing (Fiction and Screenwriting), Public Policy, Environmental Studies, Gender Studies, and more
- Attitude and goal-oriented focus to learning and education
- Experience with finding non-traditional study methods and organisational techniques
- Currently editing multiple WIP fiction books for publication
- Experience editing high school, undergraduate, and postgraduate level academic work
Perfect! Very nice and friendly, good knowledge, excellent teaching skills. A very easy going person. Would recommend.
Perfect! I had a sociology essay due within a week and came to Avery for help. She was really knowledgeable about structure and all the content behind my assignment. 10/10 would recommend tutor.
Joe was an excellent student, who worked well with me. I was excited to see his improvement in such a short period of time!
I know Avery socially, but she has also been a massive help to me academically. Avery is someone who always keeps their word and backs up everything they say with an explanation. I've found Avery to be super knowledgeable in English, history, writing and sociology, and whenever I've had a question, she's always been really helpful and explained concepts in terms that make sense.
If you're wondering if Avery is the right person to help you, this is me telling you that she definitely is. She'll make you a better student, for sure!
Avery is a phenomenal friend, teacher, and woman. She is intelligent beyond her years, passionate, patient, and is highly capable of selecting suitable teaching styles based on the person she is helping to better themselves. Avery has a special kind of joy that is infectious from the moment you meet her. Her academic achievements are a testament to her dedication, intelligence, and desire to better herself in a quest to help others. She is highly adaptable, always prepared to help, and I cannot think of a single person I’d rather teach my daughter - and that is the highest compliment I can think of.
Avery is an excellent communicator in both written and verbal formats. She is always kind and friendly during interactions. Paired with her extensive knowledge and calm demeanour, this makes her an ideal tutor and I highly recommend her services.
history lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with sociology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about humanities lessons?
Taking social sciences lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|