I approach each person differently as everyone has a different way of learning, though for me I find visual learning much easier. I will find out what the students strengths and weaknesses are and work from the basics up.
I have been studying and learning about our living world since I was a child. I have many years experience in the sciences of biology, zoology, plant and animal identification. I have just completed a degree in Environmental Science to which I have helped other students understand concepts in biology and conservation. I have hands on experience with weed control, wildlife handling, captive animal management, domestic animal husbandry and wildlife identification. People call me a walking encyclopaedia of animals.
My passion for science and the environment motivated me to attend Southern Cross University while raising my young son. I am soon to graduate with a bachelor’s of Environmental Science degree to which I sustained Credits and Distinctions to most of my subjects. During my studies, I received valuable experience in the laboratory field that prepared me for my future career. One of the studies while doing genetics involved obtaining DNA from a sample and matching it up with DNA from a number of suspects, my team was instrumental in helping the class identify the suspect with a successful DNA fingerprint.
Travel charges may be more depending on distance.
• Strong skills and experience in team work and communication.
• Microsoft office with 15 year’s experience. Designed spreadsheets and forms for an environmental consulting business, built the spreadsheet for GIS data on bush stone curlew for the tweed Shire Council.
• Skills and experience in Arc GIS including producing maps for a local property owner.
• Laboratory technical experience including 3 years experience with water monitoring equipment in lab and in the field, demonstrated by teaching fellow students how to use water monitoring equipment during my degree and producing a concise report off the water quality in Currumbin Creek in 2016.
• High interest and skills in identification of living organisms.
2013 –Present Batchelor of Environmental Science, Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW
2007 Certificate III in agriculture, Australian Agricultural College Corporation, Dalby QLD
2006 Parts of Certificate II in Agriculture, TAFE NSW
2004 Certificate II in Business, Canberra Institute of Technology
1998-2001 Diploma of Applied Science Conservation Ecology, Canberra Institute of Technology (incomplete)
1997 ACT year 12 Certificate, Lake Tuggeranong Collage
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with genetics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about zoology lessons?
Taking botany lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$15|