My approach to language learning is to dive right in, with the right supports and scaffolds. I create lessons and learning opportunities that set my students up with the right tools to address the task. I believe that incorporating real world conversation is the best and most applicable way to learn vocabulary and enjoy a language.
I am an elementary school teacher with over 10 years of experience working with language learners. I have taught Spanish in a dual language context (think less translation and more natural conversation and immersion), and ESL to English learners from predominantly Spanish speaking countries. My students consistently see great progress in their Spanish speaking abilities since our classes are structured, challenging and engaging.
Group Charge and Rules: For group classes, students are expected to be in similar levels. The rate per hour is for a single student. For every additional student, a charge of $10 per person will be added to the cost of class.
Distance Charge: For students outside of the designated travel radius, a travel fee of $15 will be added to the cost of class.
Cancelation Policy: If canceled within 24 hours of class, participant will be expected to pay 50% of the cost of class. If there is no cancelation, students is expect to pay entire cost of class.
Bachelor of Arts
University of Virginia
Elementary Education Teacher
District of Columbia Public Schools
• Develop and implement classroom instruction for English, Spanish and Dual Language classes
• Coach new teachers and lead grade level meetings on curriculum design, literacy and math intervention, and data analysis
• Consistently achieved high student gains, with 90% or more of students at or above grade level in literacy and math
• Develop and facilitate district-wide professional development sessions for dual language cohort
• Professional learning experience designed to increase student achievement through teacher leadership
• Participated in 100+ hours of leadership development in workshops including: Developing Self, Coaching Others, Leading Teams, and Driving Initiatives
• Developed and monitored initiative to impact student achievement in Spanish literacy using blended learning and dual language strategies
•Assisted learners to develop Spanish fluency through online language learning communities
•Provided user feedback, suggestions and customer support and reported to supervisor weekly
spanish lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - spanish lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - spanish lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$39||$39|
|5 hours||Not available||$175||$195|
|10 hours||Not available||$324||$389|