Hands - on activities while trying to teach students fundamental knowledge of STEAM activities. With various games and fun tasks to reinforce concepts. Play-based strategies for younger learners and constructivist learning for older primary aged students. I have tried and tested these methodologies and have gotten great success in attitudes and results :)
Term 4: STEM & Pottery @ Home
After school activities offered for primary-aged school children at home.
I am offering some classes for primary -aged children. They include:
1. Robotics & coding: using Sphero the robot and scratch jr
2. Engineering challenges using hands on materials, paddle pop bridges & more..
3. Science experiments & theory/worksheets that encourage observation and critical thinking skills.
4. Tentatively, I will offer pottery classes for upper primary students (yr4,5,6) who would like to learn about the technique of making ceramic hand built pots. Expression of Interest ONLY.
5. Please let me know if you would be interested in pottery classes for kids. We make different handbuilt pots such as planter pot, vases, pots to hold stationary and more.. The idea is to teach children how to manipulate clay and to experience the creating process (drying out the clay before bisque firing).
Little bit about me:
I am a pre-service teacher that has extensive tutoring experience with young kids. I have worked as a private tutor , ESL teacher, conversational English teacher and within retail. What brings me back to teaching is the growth that I see in students and the positive effect interactive, engaging experiences have on children. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
At the moment, I will be taking expressions of interest and availability if interested in the after-school program.
STEM 1 hr classes - $40 (inc. material &transportation cost)
Pottery+STEM 1hr - $40 (including material + transport)
Pottery 1hr- $40( including material +transport)
Please message me on Facebook with which suburb you are located in, the class you might be considering for your child and any further questions you might have.
Please note classes will start for Term 4, October 6th.
Hoping to speak soon!
I am currently undertaking a Masters of Primary School Teaching. I’m very passionate about STEAM subjects and have tutored kids for many years. I would love to inspire kids to take up the language of coding or creation of clay.
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with school support lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about school coaching lessons?
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||Not available|