I base my classes of Steiner teaching and believe that such an important subject should be approached by feeling. I spend the first part of the topic talking to my students about how they are feeling about music, what they are afraid of and what they are looking forward too. Then together, we set out to make fun and achievable goals.
- Make sure that the student has all equipment needed to begin learning (e.g the right sized violin, shoulder rest, bow, rosin).
- Learn how to care for your violin (e.g tighten and loosen bow, happy rosin, put together shoulder rest, pack away violin, where to store your violin when you are not playing).
- Tune your violin.
- How to hold your bow.
- How to hold your violin.
- Perfecting your hand position.
- How to play the strings correctly (e.g positioning the bow).
- Practicing playing open strings (e.g G, D, A and E).
- Practicing playing other notes and learning the names for other notes.
- Practicing scales.
- Discuss the importance of practicing every day.
- Play and memorise simple pieces.
- Learn how to read music.
- Play songs together!.
(Note: all things mentioned above take time and practice, this does not just happen in one lesson).
My name is Ruby Johnson and I am an eighteen year old graduate from Willunga Waldorf School in South Australia. For the past 9 years I have studied and played violin through Steiner education and I feel that this has given me an intimate understanding of the importance that music has on our lives and especially our society's youth. I believe that music should be something that is taught from a young age - alongside with other base subjects such as Mathematics, English and Science. For it helps the body and mind work together, and as well as this music and song involves our heart. The beginning of ones journey in music should be directly based off ones relationship with ones 'Head, Heart and Hands'.
- 9 years one on one violin lessons with professional violinist Robin Anthony.
- 5 years in Willunga Waldorf School senior orchestra.
- 2019 Melbourne music tour.
- Multiple music concerts, quartets, gigs, weddings, birthdays, musicals and solo performances.
violin lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$48|