My teaching method is based on a communicative approach and peer interaction. My theatre training includes a lot of of physical theatre, musical theatre, as well as renowned methodologies such as Stanislavsky, Meisner and Stella Adler. As a puppeteer, I usually adapt classic tales or write my own scripts. The idea is to engage students of all ages in interactive and unconventional lessons via various methods of teaching through the arts.
A highly motivated, experienced and dedicated actress, producer, puppeteer, playwright and language teacher holding a degree in acting from TEPA and an Advanced Acting Studio certificate form NIDA.
Passionate about acting and looking for online opportunities to demonstrate my experience and potential. I have more than ten-years’ experience in the creative arts industry and a great passion for theatre. Having done most of my acting training in Brazil, I have lived in Sydney since 2016 and I have had training in acting schools such as NIDA and The Hub Studio, as well as having taught English as a second language and drama lessons for twelve years.
In Australia, I have been involved in productions and renowned theatre festivals, participating as an actress, playwright and theatre director and I run my own puppetry business.
I am also the co-founder of SFAA - Sydney Foreign Actors Association, which provides fellow
foreign actors with opportunities and helps them succeed as working actors in Sydney.
• Co-Founder of SFAA – Sydney Foreign Actors Association (concealed information)
• Actress in short + Sweet 2020
• Actress and Producer in SFAA’s first production: Hamlet by William Shakespeare, staged in Sydney in November 2019
• Actress and Playwright at Short + Sweet 2019 with the play “Cast Me Please” - April 2019
• Director at Short + Sweet Sydney 2019 with the play “Letting Billy” winner of Week 2 -2019
• Puppeteer, writer and creator of the company “Puppet World of Cris” having performed in Sydney since 2017.
Short Films, Web series and Advertisement
• Actress in the short film “Ideias Matam” - Ideas Kill directed by The Wolfpack
Link: (concealed information)
• Actress in the short Film “Midnight Conversations” directed by Mauricio Bejarano (Colombia), recorded in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) from NYFA Link: (concealed information)
• Actress in the web series “Por aí” – click RBS. Mariana Kalil.
• Link: (concealed information) ou zerohora.tv , directed by Marlise Brenol
• Actress at the short film “Desconexão” - Disconnection, directed by Marlise Brenol
• Link: (concealed information)
• Actress in the TV series “Animal” Directed by Jaime Monjardim
• Produced by Acorde Filmes Aired by Rede Globo - 2014
• Actress in the full-length movie Back to 97” directed by Zeca Brito Produced by Panda Filmes - 2018
• Creator, writer and puppeteer the company “Puppet World of Cris” having performed with different puppet shows in Sydney, Australia (2017 until current date)
2007 – Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration undertaken at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS), Porto Alegre, Brazil.
• CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) 2011
Oxford, England at British Study Centre.
• TYL (Teaching Young Learners) – Certificate in English Language Teaching to Young children and teenagers - 2010 (Vancouver, Canada) at ILSC Vancouver in 2010.
• Certification program in acting from TEPA – 2011 (Porto Alegre, Brazil)
• Certification in theatre styles from TEPA – 2012 (Porto Alegre, Brazil)
• Certification in musical Theatre from New York Film Academy – 2013 (NYFA)
• Artistic Residency certificate from the theatre company “Falos e Stercus” - 2013.
• Degree in Acting and teaching theatre from Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul – currently deferred
• Advanced Actors Studio at NIDA- 2017 (Sydney, Australia)
• The Hub Studio - Ben Mathew’s screen acting course 2018 (Sydney, Australia)
Perfect! Highly recommend!! Cris was an amazing mentor and teacher. I learnt so much within the space of 2 lessons! She provided so many techniques that I will be able to apply to my character background study as well as performance techniques. Thank you so much Cris!
Sasha is a great student. She is extremely dedicated and really keen to work hard in order to improve her acting skills. Working with her has been an absolute pleasure and I wish her great success in her auditions and acting gigs. :)
Perfect! Thank you for your patient and well preparing!
acting lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with improvisational theatre lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about drama lessons?
Taking musical theatre lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|