My experience as a psychologist and trainer gives me the ability to simplify issues and ideas to the level that my audience and students are able to understand and benefit. Counseling psychology and training involves a lot of listening and questioning in an effort to understand and clarify client issues as they express themselves. This puts me in a good position to actively interact with those around me because of my skill to listen, question and understand them. My ability to empathize with clients as I train and counsel them makes me sensitive to those around me and has helped me develop good interpersonal skills. My skills also enable me to be a good, honest and open communicator with resilience to cope with different challenges and propel myself and others to get the best out of diverse situations.
A Counseling Psychologist holding a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology with experience in psychological assessment, individual and group counseling, trauma management and employee assistance programmes/mental health management in the workplace and other social settings. A trained training facilitator with experience in behavioral risk/change management: stress management, work-life balance, resilience development, redundancy support, building quality relationships and leadership. I have counseled, trained and worked with clients and teams in different industries including the banking, insurance, media, telecommunications and manufacturing industries. An ISO lead auditor responsible for designing and maintaining organizations quality management systems.
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from Daystar University.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Trainer of Trainers/ Training Facilitator Certificate from ICAS South Africa
• Trainer of Workplace psychological first aid providers Certificate from ICAS South Africa
• Lead Auditor ISO Quality management systems
• Certificate of Choice Theory on basic understanding of (Leadership and management, Relationships,
counseling and education) from the William Glasser Institute
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE
October 2014 – December 2018: Lead Psychologist/Clinician and Trainer – ICAS Kenya
• Trainer/ training facilitator: Training and advising managers, supervisors and employees on
behavioral change management, mental health management, people relations and leadership.
• Developing training material and programs.
• Psychological assessment and Counseling of clients to facilitate treatment and management of
mental illnesses and life issues
• Managing client cases and following up referrals to ensure clients are offered quality counseling
services; playing a supportive role to enhance good client relations
• Providing leadership and coordination in regard to call center operations and enhancing working
relationship with affiliates and clinicians/psychologists from other offices and locations in the country
and the world including ICAS South Africa and United Kingdom
• Managing Employee Assistance Programs (EAP’s) by giving recommendations and raising awareness
to employees and organizations on mental health issues
• Trauma Management: Offering prompt debrief and psychological first Aid as well as group and
individual trauma counseling services to traumatized clients
• Consulting and support on redundancy management
• Supporting audits for company’s compliance to ICAS Standard operation procedures
• Providing mental health supervision and support to other psychologists working under me
March 2017 - December 2018: Lead Auditor – ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management System)
• Responsible for maintaining all aspects of the Quality Management System including: Manage a team
of internal quality auditors, evaluating processes for compliance with quality requirements.
• Responsible for analyzing and prioritizing the risks and opportunities in the organization,
coordinating, planning and implementation of actions to address the risks, opportunities and
checking the effectiveness of the actions.
positive thinking lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with stress management lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about personal development lessons?
Taking conflict management lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$2||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$3||$300|