I am very dedicated to catering my students as based on their individual needs and comfort. The end goal is to enable the student as per their preferences and build their skill set.
The classes can be planned and scheduled as per the students' convenience, including the days, the hours, and the mode.
I believe in a collaborative effort, and hence, the homework, as well as the classwork, both are given equal importance.
The proposed structure would follow as:
- A general exchange covering students' background, and interests.
- A tailor-made proposal including modules, mode, assessments, for the course based on students' needs and the current trends
- An Introductory tutorial to the subject
- A reading list and five chosen assessments to be completed over the course to be isssued in week 2
- Topic-wise lectures, tutorials, resources encompassing lecture slides, videos, reading materials, current trends over the chosen duration (an ideal period of 10 hours is preferred).
- Feedback on chosen assessments
- Conclusion of the subject
- An extra session to cover the student's review and feedback
Prabhjot Singh is a triple major graduate with a proven trajectory of accomplishments and well-practised skill set. He is currently keen to collaborate with individuals aspiring to learn English as a second language in order to help their growth process and enable some cross-cultural learning. He has interned with the Times of India (Chandigarh, India), the third-largest newspaper in India by circulation and the second-largest selling English-language daily in the world according to Audit Bureau of Circulations, and has collaborated with many Bangalore, India based non-profit organisations. His triple major degree in Journalism, English, and Psychology allows him to take up and guide students from beginners or intermediate language ability and hone their skills with enough finesse that they can pass off as professional users of the language. He is an adaptable team organizer, equipped with critical and analytical thinking abilities who take up initiatives and responsibilities to ensure the delivery of the best outcomes with respect to the time-frame necessary. He is an energetic enterprising individual who through his curious disposition seeks out to contribute holistically and harness change in multiply benefiting manner. Owing to his own cultural background, Prabhjot is especially efficient with Southeast Asian students.
2020 - Master of Criminology
Bond University, Gold Coast, Queensland
2019 - Bachelors of Arts triple major in Journalism, Psychology and English
CHRIST (Deemed to be University),
Times of India (May 2018)
Worked in the editorial section of Times of India Chandigarh and focused on reporting and writing education beat, civic beat, and feature articles.
- Meme Affect: Effect of Political Memes on Empathy Among College Students in Bangalore, India (Pending publication)
- A feminist analysis of women's characters in Punjabi Comedy Movies (Pending publication)
Jan 2020 - English For Journalism
The University of Pennsylvania (Online)
Sept 2019 - IELTS (Academic)
Overall - 8.0
Jan 2019 - Thinking Tools
CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore, India
June 2018 - Photography Fundamentals Chris Parker & Udemy (Online)
2018 - Media In-charge, Inno-Aces, Innovation Center, CHRIST (Bangalore, India)
July 2016 - Script Writing Workshop
Media Meet, CHRIST (Bangalore, India)
Jan 2014 - Preliminary English Test
(Cambridge English Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International Cambridge English Language Assessment
FULL CV available on request.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$26||Not available||$25|
|10 hours||$24||Not available||$250|