My mantra is: make every topic relevant to the student's life and interest. The reason I love language class is that you can customise any learning experience to make it relevant to your own interests. For example, if in my academic English class we were learning about referencing, I could ask a student to bring their favourite book or newspaper. We could then find examples of bibliography, incite references and model our lesson on our findings. In my beginner Chinese class, if we were learning about food, I would ask everyone to find their favourite Chinese food and learn how to say it in standard Mandarin. This way content remains relevant to the students life and also ensures they remember the content.
I am a University of Melbourne Bachelor of Arts Student. In 2016 I established my own English tutoring network and am looking to share my experience in the field with more students. I can offer academic English tutoring and also beginner Chinese. I have a First-Class Honours average for both disciplines. During year 12 I average A+ for my VCE English coursework and scored 40+. Throughout university I have succeeded an First-Class Honours average in all of my academic essays. In 2018 I became the Victorian Champion in the Chinese language competition "Chinese Bridge", this year I will compete in the international grand final and represent Australia. My major at university is Chinese language and Asian Studies. Additionally I have attended two top university's in China and have therefore received a high level of advanced Chinese education. Thus, my tutoring service is diverse as I can offer tutoring in both academic English and beginning-intermediate Chinese.
Bachelor of Arts, Majoring in Chinese and Asian Studies at The University of Melbourne (2017-2019)
- Scholarship recipient of Tsing-hua University Summer School (July 2018)
- Exchange student at Fudan University(January 2018)
- Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholar at The University of Melbourne (2016-2019) - The Knox School (2002-2016)
- Winner of Victorian Chinese Bridge Competition (2018)
- Scholarship to study at Tsing-hua University’s summer school (2018)
- Global Scholars award to study at Fudan University (2017-2018)
- Fudan University Dux award (2018)
- Australian Defence Force Scholarship
in teamwork and leadership (2016)
- 95.85 ATAR (2016)
Fluent in Mandarin:
-Reading academic articles in Mandarin
- Translating novels and social media
- Engaging in public speaking competitions
- Simultaneous interpretation for high-stake meetings at Health Workers Union
-Year 12 VCE DUX Award
- First-Class Honours Average at the University of Melbourne
- Established my own English tutoring network during year 12 to assist non-native English speakers complete VCE
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with writing lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about year 12 exam preparation lessons?
Taking resume - cover letter writing lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|