Very experienced VCE Mathematics teacher and marker - Year 11 & 12 Further, Methods and Specialist Mathematics.
Not just how to solve a particular problem, but how to approach questions and the reasoning behind them.
How to start answering a question, the attack skills needed to solve similar but different questions.
Teaching for 40 years in 3 States. Examination marker in NSW, SA and Victoria.
Teaching for many years, with success at all levels of Mathematics and student ability.
One of my students achieved a 50 in Methods last year, but my greatest joy is in enabling students who are having difficulty to achieve success.
Patience and explaining in different ways are what I do, as well as ensuring that all backgroung knowledge is in place.
Years 7 to 10 @ $40/hour.
VCE Mathematics @ $50/hour.
Cancellations notified with 24 hours notice given catch-up lessons.
No-shows charged full amount.
An experienced and innovative teacher of Mathematics and Science in independent education in three States, and a very experienced educational administrator.
Senior Management Career_______________________________________________________
Assistant Principal-Dean of Studies Bacchus Marsh Grammar: 2008 - 2017
Foundation Principal Trinity Anglican College-Albury/Wodonga: 2002 - 2007
Head of South Campus Trinity College-Gawler (SA): 1998 - 2001
Vice Principal The Scots College (Sydney): 1994 – 1997
Foundation Master of Glengarry The Scots College Outdoor Campus: 1988 - 1993
Key Educational Achievements____________________________________________________
• Teaching students Mathematics and Science for 40 years.
• Founded Trinity Anglican College-Albury/Wodonga from a temporary to a greenfield site. School developed from 16 students to 470 in the first 6 years.
• Foundation Master of “Glengarry” – the long-term residential campus of the Scots College located in the Kangaroo Valley, for Year 9 boys.
• Completely re-developed the Year 9/10 curriculum of Bacchus Marsh Grammar, with a seamless introduction. Then the re-structure of the Years 5-8 curriculum.
• Moved the Curriculum planning and documentation of Bacchus Marsh Grammar to a stage where we could provide full Registration documentation within 6 hours.
• Introduced a new system of guiding students into a pathway for subject selections, and developing the computer-based system subject selections and allocations.
• Introduced Higher Education Studies into the curriculum offering for Years 11 & 12.
• Love of teaching
• Love of Mathematics
• Patience with students
• Meticulous organisation of complex tasks
• Communication skills, verbal and written
Bacchus Marsh Grammar Assistant Principal-Special projects 2017
Responsibilities Projects at the direction of the Principal.
• re-organising the PD and the Careers programmes of the School
• establishing links with Universities.
• establishing special pathways for certain students – the Higher Education Studies programme, among others.
• taught Year 12 Specialist Mathematics and Year 12 Mathematical Methods.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar Assistant Principal-Dean of Studies 2008 - 2016
Responsibilities Responsible for the development and management of the Academic Programme at the school.
Responsible for the overhaul of the VCE programme, Curriculum documentation, examinations, the Year 9/10 programme, and then the Years 5-8 programme.
I was also Head of Mathematics for a period, and have marked the VCE Mathematical Methods papers for VCAA each year, most recently including the Northern Hemisphere Timetable examinations.
Trinity Anglican College - Albury/Wodonga Foundation Principal 2002 - 2007
Responsibilities Responsible for establishing, registering and developing this new low-fee co-educational Anglican College.
Trinity College (Gawler SA)
The Scots College (Sydney)
Head of Senior School 1998 - 2001
Running of the School
Mathematics, Chemistry teaching.
SACE examination marker
Vice Principal 1994 - 1997
Responsibilities The day-to-day running of the Secondary School campus of The Scots College.
Management of the student body and the Prefects.
Management and recruitment of Staff, and developing Staff Appraisals and Performance Reviews.
The Scots College - Glengarry
Foundation Master 1988-1993
Responsibilities Glengarry places all of Scots’ Year 9 students (all boys), for an extended period of time (6 months), in an outdoor, boarding, total immersion, total withdrawal environment away from their normal life.
Ballarat & Queens Anglican Grammar School
1978-1980 Head of Biology
Teacher of Mathematics and Science
Colac High School
Teacher of Mathematics and Science
Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
Charles Sturt University – Bathurst, 1986 – 1991 (5 years part-time)
Degree was by External Studies, with units in Law, Organisational Management, Economics, Statistics, Personnel Management, Communication, Data Processing and Performance Management as well as Accounting.
Master of Education
Sydney University – Sydney, 1982 – 1984 (3 years part-time)
Degree was completed Part-time, with course work including Curriculum Development and Staff Development. Thesis topic was “Comparison of Educational Systems in Japan and Australia”.
Graduate Diploma in Education
Canberra CAE – Canberra, 1975
Bachelor of Science
Australian National University – Canberra, 1972 – 1974
Majoring in Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$50||$50||Not available|
|5 hours||$220||$220||Not available|
|10 hours||$450||$450||Not available|