From AMEB exam preparations, technical improvement, repertoire learning to performance preparation, lessons are tailored to the individual student and their needs. In-person lessons are available for students based in Brisbane. Please contact to discuss logistics. For students based elsewhere, online Zoom lessons are available. Feedback on performance videos submitted can also be provided. Students of all skill levels (beginner to advanced) can be accommodated.
Hello! My name is Cherin and I am currently a Harvard University student studying English Literature and Pre-Medicine, also pursuing a Masters of Music in Violin at the New England Conservatory of Music as part of the Harvard/NEC Dual Degree program in Boston, USA. I have been playing the violin since I was four years old and I have performed as violin soloist and concertmaster with orchestras in Australia, the US and Europe. I am eager to share my experience and love for violin with students, and nurture them to be the most compelling individual performers they can be.
- Harvard University English and Pre-Med Student, Concertmaster of the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra (Harvard University's Premier Symphony Orchestra)
- Pursuing a Master of Music in Violin Performance at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston
- Was also accepted to the Juilliard School of Music as part of the Columbia/Juilliard Program
- Awarded the First Prize of the 2014 Queensland Symphony Orchestra's English Family Prize for Young Instrumentalists, performed the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto with QSO at the age of thirteen
- Violin soloist with the Queensland Pops Orchestra at the New Year's Eve Gala Concerts (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020), recently performed the Beethoven Violin Concerto at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC)
- Violin soloist with the Brisbane Philharmonic Orchestra as Winner of the 2015 Brisbane Philharmonic Orchestra Concerto Competition
- One of the youngest in Australia to be awarded Associate in Music Diploma (AMusA) with Distinction at the age of ten and Licentiate in Music Diploma (LMusA) with Distinction at the age of eleven
- Soloist and Leader of 2014 Europe Tour Chamber Orchestra performing in Austria, Italy and Czech Republic
Visit (concealed information) for more information.
Cherin's experience and ability to teach in a wide variety of subjects is incomparable. I have been learning with Cherin for almost a year now, and I recently received top results across all my subjects. Not only is she a world-class scholar and musician, but she is also a patient teacher who will guide and encourage you to perform your very best in all your pursuits. She is passionate about what she does and every session, I always leave feeling inspired and prepared. Thank you, Cherin!
violin lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$100||$100|
|5 hours||Not available||$500||$500|
|10 hours||Not available||$1000||$1000|