My teaching method is very hands on. What I mean by this is when I teaching a student how to play something, I will play it for them to let them get an idea on how it sounds and them I will let them play it. After that I will go through multiple practise techniques to help the student remember how to play that certain phrase/technique. Most of the time, I will assign something that won't just be to that certain phrase/technique but it will sometimes help them with other music as well.
In the next lesson, I will review what we have gone over just to make sure that the student has remembered the lesson or to see if he or she is practising.
I have been playing music since 2008 by starting out on piano. when I got into high school, I started playing saxophone. Throughout high school, I have learnt to play jazz and concert/classical music, I have even attended competitions for these genres. The teachers that I have learnt from were mal sedergreen and greg clarkson. After high school, I attended the Australian Institute of music and completed a bachelor of music for my saxophone. Here I learnt how to play multiple genres such as jazz, latin and rock and roll/blues. I also learnt techniques and way on how to achieve a job in the industry.
Cancellation policy is 2 hours prior to the set time
- Warranwood Primary School: Music teaching assistant
- Ringwood Secondary College: Assistant Band Director for Jazz Bands
- Did year 9 work experience at Croydon Hills primary school
- Mentoring the saxophone section & Directing the big band with the Australian Youth Band
- Toured around the world and performed, will be touring Europe mid 2020
- Won numerous awards for music including Academic Excellence in Music Performance
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||$200||$250|
|10 hours||Not available||$400||$500|