My teaching method is creative, flexible and unique combining music, play, story telling and breathing techniques to share yoga and mindfulness with children and families. I carry out 1-1 sessions, group or family sessions. I can tailor classes to suit individual needs and goals.
I have a Psychology and therapist background with adult offenders in the UK. I wanted to teach life long skills to help emotional management and awareness to children and have since gone onto train in yoga. I am a Registered Yoga Teacher, and a Registered Children's yoga teacher passionate about sharing skills to integrate physical, mental and emotional learning.
Skills and Achievements
- First Class Honors Degree - Psychology with Criminology (BSc)
- 95 hour Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training, Divine Light Yoga, Yoga
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, Radiantly Alive, Yoga Alliance
- Certificate in Teaching Meditation and Holistic Human Development (IICT)
- 50 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Mel Mclaughlin, InYoga
- Teacher - Life Skills Group, Sydney Feb 2018 - present
Delivery of Life Skills classes to children. Working creatively to keep engagement of up to 40 children and teaching various types of mindfulness practices, yoga and life skills
- Personal Coach – National Citizen Service, The Challenge July 2017 – September 2017
My role was to support, inspire and instill confidence working 1-1 but as part of a whole group of teenagers aged 15-17 in a community based project and outdoor pursuits. I coached young people who had specific interpersonal needs and required extra support through team building activities, community volunteering, social activities and domestic tasks.
- Interventions Facilitator, HM Prison Service, Nottingham March 2011- March 2016
HMP Whatton is a Category C prison for male Sexual Offenders running therapeutic programmes to help reduce the risk of re-offending.
● Plan and facilitate the Sex Offender Treatment and Thinking Skills Programmes - Facilitating offending behaviour programmes in groups using a CBT approach.
● Delivery of mindfulness and meditation workshops - Incorporating a mixture of techniques including breath work, visual imagery and thought recognition. Sharing exercises in groups and suggesting ways in which mindful living could be achieved to improve their mental wellbeing.
yoga lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with yoga flow lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vinyasa yoga lessons?
Taking relaxation yoga lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$75||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$350||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$700||$400|