Some think like an architect, piecing together the past to plot the future. I'd rather think like an architect and help you co-construct a future you can get excited about :)
I believe in health, mindfulness and finding solutions to the tough challenges in life.
I have over 7 years experience working with individuals with chronic illnesses helping them take on challenges and be mindful of the way they view the world.
I have a Bachelors in Psychology from York University with a focus in Educational Psych.
I am a Medical Laboratory Technician and a BEd. Candidate.
Profile of Skills
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with an ability to set priorities.
• Fast and efficient self starter with exceptional initiative.
• Positive, highly motivated and eager to ensure the best possible patient experience.
• Highly adaptable and resourceful.
• Able to communicate effectively with clinical teams and families.
Education and Certificates
Bachelor of Education P/J, LEAD candidate
University of Windsor, Windsor, ON expected graduation 2019
Bachelor of Psychology
York University, Toronto, ON 2017
Medical Laboratory Technician Diploma
Anderson College, Toronto, ON 2014
CPR and First Aid (Level C), Canadian Red Cross 2017
Personal Training Specialist
CANFIT PRO, Mississauga, ON 2013
Police Check for Vulnerable sector screening 2017
TCPS 2 Core training certificate Panel on Research Ethics 2017
TPS - Teaching Personal Responsibility Certificate 2018
Paediatric Patient Support Volunteer Windsor Regional Hospital 2017-Current
Work with the Child Life Specialists to recognize negative coping responses, minimize stress/
anxiety for patients and facilitate opportunities for play to enhance comfort for the duration of
their hospital stay. My goal as a paediatric volunteer is to create opportunities which strengthen
self-esteem and independence of the patients and offer relief and support. All tasks as a Paeds
floor volunteer support the following goals.
• Normalize the environment with play opportunities.
• Reduce stress and anxiety and promote a positive view of health.
• Provide patients a sense of control and adjustment to the environment.
• Ensure a safe, clean, enjoyable and developmentally appropriate atmosphere.
• Give patients and families an opportunity to express emotions.
Leadership Experience for Academic Direction (LEAD) 2017-Current
The LEAD program provides field experience where the teacher candidate is mentored by both
the Student Success teacher, as well as the Associates from their teachable areas and examines
alternate forms of education. The LEAD program provides additionally opportunities outside the
faculty of Education for learning in the following areas
•Understand theories of resilience, TPSR and restorative practices
•Link with community agencies to provide a student success model for learning communities
•Workshops for education from a personal and social perspective
•Understanding poverty education
•Mentoring in-risk youth by participating and organizing various events
Research Assistant in the Memory and Cognition Lab University of Windsor 2017-Current
• Running participants through study protocol including informed consent
• Set up experimental equipment according to prescribed protocols
• Enter data into research database according to established protocols
• Assist with validating and cleaning of data
Clinical placement Medical Lab Technician -White’s Medical Clinic 2014
• Prepared and administered vaccinations.
• Assisted with minor procedures such as dressing changes, ear lavages and pap smears
• Skilled in preparing and storing blood samples as well as verifying medical records.
• Works independently in a fast-paced, rapid turnover, high patient volume environment
• High standards for cleanliness and maintaining medical equipment.
• Familiar with EMR software and reception skills
• Proficient and ongoing competency in performing protocol such as vital signs, phlebotomy,
spirometry, EKG, capillary blood draws, and lab tests
Program Leader/Coordinator at I Challenge Diabetes 2011-2017
• Running events, working as a team leader in a wide variety of roles and environments
from speaking events in the city to mountain climbing, canoeing, and hiking.
• Registered participants and updated participant information
• Updated website event page and social media pages
• Edited, wrote and filmed promotional material (videos, pamphlets and e-news blasts)
• Planned events start to finish from booking venues to coordinating rentals/activities
• Ensured participant health and safety even in the remote wilderness
• Assisted participants in developing strategies for effective diabetes management and
making adjustments according to physical activity and or extreme scenarios
Discussion Facilitator Intro Psych 1010/ Educational Psych3410 York U 2014-2016
• Facilitating Group Discussions in tutorials
• Facilitating exam review sessions.
• Inputting tutorial attendance
• Answering student questions regarding reading material/course content
• Reviewing and providing feedback to student posts on online forums.
positive thinking lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with stress management lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about personal coaching lessons?
Taking life coaching lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$27|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$133|