- Hourly rate $50
- Response Time 3h
- Number of students 33
1st lesson free!
Enthusiastic, friendly, and passionate Psychology Honours Graduate tutor for Psychology students - whoever you are and whichever stage you are at, I will maximise the value of each lesson.
- at your home
- by webcam
About the lesson
My teaching methodology is simple - acquire and understand the curriculum of the course/program, understand the key outcomes, knowledge, and skills required, and design lessons that best compliments the student's learning style, interests, and ultimately, their goals.
I am committed to understanding each person uniquely and tailoring my lessons to getting the most out of each lesson - it doesn't have to be a drag, and you might even be surprised by how much fun it is to breeze through things you once felt was difficult.
I can also proof-read assignments! $50 per 1000 words with a 15% discount for 2000 words+. I check for grammar, spelling, punctuation, formatting, type and appropriateness of language used, and referencing (APA referencing style).
You may also request a face-to-face (permitting COVID and area restrictions) or Zoom meeting if you would like to discuss the feedback or further clarification around your next steps.
- All Levels
- Psychology Honours Graduate (2018), receiving a 2.1 Honours mark.
- Field Researcher for Ernst & Young (2019)
- Quantitative Research Assistant for Elkiem, a "human high-performance" research consulting company (2020)
- Research Assistant at the Black Dog Institute (2021)
My students consistently achieve High Distinction marks in their writing assessments.
While I volunteer with mental health organisations on the side, such as being a telephone crisis supporter for Lifeline, I am primarily interested in the PhD research pathway - so I can certainly help with report writing and all the nitty-gritty when it comes to Psychology assignments and tasks!
Perfect! Very patient and competent tutor!
Perfect! Joe is a very helpful, diligent and effective tutor! He has given me invaluable feedback on my essay, and has improved my writing by leaving both positive and critical (but very helpful!) comments regarding writing style, structure and content.
- Joe's response : Jessica has been a pleasure to tutor. She has effectively communicated her concerns and areas that she'd like to challenge and improve herself in. Already an excellent researcher and writer, reading Jessica's work has been a joy. The combination of ease and coachability provides a pleasant experience for the tutor and no doubt will allow Jessica to thrive in the areas she decides to pursue.
Perfect! Joe was incredibly supportive and helping. No doubt that he's a professional tutor!
- Joe's response : HaYoung is an incredibly dedicated student and takes great initiative, i.e. setting lesson times. She has a great background of understanding Scientific Literature, and is taking great steps in developing her Academic and Scientific writing skills. HaYoung is well-mannered, pleasant, and a joy to work with. She takes feedback well and asks questions to aid her development - she is destined for great things.
Perfect! Joe is an excellent tutor that takes the time to understand where your at in terms of level and understanding. He can easily assist you with your weaknesses without it feeling like the work was done for you.
Overall Joe is one of the best psych tutors I have ever had and I have tried numerous from other places. If you are in need with assistance for any matter in regards to Psychology Joe is your go to guy
- Joe's response : - Hakeem is a dedicated, hard-working, and charismatic individual.
- A great communicator, his willingness to also take on feedback has made my lessons with Hakeem a pleasure.
See more reviews
Fantastic tutor in my 1st and 2nd years of uni. I have received marks of 90+ in my research reports since getting tutored by Joe. I found scientific writing the most challenging part of the course because it was completely new to me, but my skills have improved immensely thanks to the way Joe teaches me. Whenever he proofreads my work and identifies something that could be changed or improved, before making any suggestions he first asks me to explain why I wrote what I wrote - this in itself enables me to view and critique my own writing in a way I hadn't been able to before. I have found his key insights and feedback of my work extremely valuable, which makes me feel I'm a step ahead of my classmates!
View more recommendations
- 5h: $48
- 10h: $46