I am a friendly, approachable and patient individual who likes to make students feel at ease. Despite promoting a relaxed and comforting environment, I will limit my own talk time in order to maximize the student's. I endure to make my lessons fun and engaging but also educational and learning focused.
A typical lesson will begin with a brief and friendly chat with my student about how they are and what they have been doing since the last lesson. This will then be followed up with a fun, discussion based warm-up activity such as a role play. We will then focus on a lesson topic, which will incorporate a variety of skills such as Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Grammar and Vocabulary. The end of the lesson will involve a review of the content learned and the assignment of a (short) homework task.
I have a Certificate IV in TESOL, a Master's degree in Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies and Bachelor's degree in History. I have been teaching English for over 2 years in a variety of locations including Vietnam, Australia and online. I have extensive experience across different curriculums and settings. These include schools, language centres, universities and private lessons. In addition to General English, I have experience teaching IELTS and Business English.
Rates include time taken to plan a lesson (catering to your individual needs) as well as preparing handouts and other materials.
- 2 years of teaching experience.
- Extensive experience with a diverse range of age-groups and ethnicities.
- Experience teaching in a range of different settings, including large classrooms, one-on-one, specialised courses such as Business English, IELTS and online.
- Experience in lesson-planning, course development, grading and assessment.
- Strong verbal and written skills acquired via educational study, extracurricular activities and experience as an ESL teacher.
- Good organisation and preparation skills acquired through university study and previous ESL experience.
- TESOL Cert IV, Australia Vietnam School of English, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (2016)
- Master of Arts - Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies (Hons), University of Ulster, Belfast, United Kingdom, (Hons) (2014-2015)
- Bachelor of Arts - History (Hons), First Class Honours, University of Ulster, Coleraine, United Kingdom, (2007-2011)
- Diploma in Area Studies, Hendrix College, Conway, Arkansas, U.S.A, (2010)
ILSC: Melbourne, Australia: 01/18 - Present
- Teaching General and Academic English classes to a classes of adult students at a variety of levels.
- Lesson planning and preparation.
- Test assignment, marking and report writing to gauge student progress.
- Conducting placement tests to ensure students are learning at the correct level.
- Specialist courses such as IELTS.
Online English Tutor: ALO7, Shanghai, China: 09/2017 – 03/2018
- Teaching Chinese students (6-18 years old) online using ALO7's software/courseware and resources.
- Teaching a range of English skills including speaking, reading, writing, listening, grammar and phonics.
- Participating in post-lesson grading and assessment to give detailed feedback.
- Taking an active role in CPD workshops.
IELTS Instructor/ English Tutor: EIV, Hanoi, Vietnam: 04/2017 – 08/2017
- Instructed a 5 week IELTS course designed to assist university students in passing the speaking component of the IELTS 5.0 test.
- Private tutor to two adult students (intermediate and advanced levels). These required creating content based on the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
English Language Teacher: Apax, Hanoi, Vietnam: 02/2017 – 08/2017
- Teaching English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to children from Grade 1-12.
- Grading and marking.
- Test and lesson preparation.
- Attending training workshops and meetings for continued professional development.
Support English Language Teacher: ICLC, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: 10/2016 – 12/2016
- Teaching Grades 1-12 at public primary, middle and high schools.
- Lesson design and preparation.
English Language Teacher: Wall Street English, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: 05/2016 – 11/2016
- Teaching, instructing and assessing adults at all levels (beginner to advanced).
- Lesson design and preparation.
- Designing and delivering workshops and seminars.
Museum Attendant/Student Co-ordinator: Northern Ireland War Memorial, Belfast: 10/2013 – 05/2015
- Visitor engagement/interaction.
- Assisting the Education Officer in delivering educational workshops to primary school children.
- Supervising and co-ordinating new MA student volunteers in museum collection management skills.
- Providing tourist information to visitors on related heritage/cultural attractions.
- Interpretation of gallery themes/exhibits for educational purposes.
Student Volunteer: Coleraine Museum/Roe Valley Arts and Culture Centre, Coleraine/Limavady: 05/2013 – 01/2015
- Assisted in delivering educational workshops for GCSE-level History Students.
vocabulary - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with written comprehension - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral comprehension - english lessons?
Taking english grammar lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$40||$40||Not available|
|5 hours||$175||$175||Not available|
|10 hours||$300||$300||Not available|