- Hourly rate $40
- Response Time 22h
- Number of students 7
This teacher is currently unavailable
Final year medical student with tutoring/mentoring experience and 8 years of ED/ICU nursing behind him. Keen to help others on their path to conquering the GAMSAT or health degree goals!
- by webcam
About the lesson
I take a mixed facilitative/didactic approach, providing guidance based on the student's individual strengths and requirements.
1. I request a copy of the student's curriculum with areas they want covered flagged/highlighted.
2. We work out the methods of learning that best suit the learner.
3. We then work through these at a pace that suits the student's needs.
I believe in the following to improve understanding:
1. Mini tests throughout the learning process to aid retention and prepare for examinations.
2. Outline what it is that you need to know.
3. Create a broad understanding of the topic.
4. Zoom in to the individual pieces in the topic.
5. Move back to the 'broad picture' to see how all those parts fit together.
6. Come back to the same material often to strengthen the neural pathways holding that information and understanding together.
With me you will have access to both written and audiovisual resources, spaced repetition exercises and mini tests to aid your learning and retention!
- Year 11-12
Final year medical student in Western Australia.
Eight years of critical care nursing in emergency, intensive care and on the wards.
Successful history of providing tuition and mentorship to both nursing and medical students.
An excellent understanding of learning theory and the most effective ways to digest information for long term retention.
An organised learning system, tinkered with over many years of study to ensure maximum knowledge gain for the time invested.
Perfect! Tor is an excellent tutor. He is very accommodating and always keeps me accountable. He is supportive and often gives me materials and suggestions for how to make the most out of my study. It is evident that Tor enjoys tutoring and mentoring as this is shown in his dedication to tuition. Thank you for your help!
See more reviews
- 5h: $190
- 10h: $370
Due to the covid-19 outbreak all lessons are via webcam.
Zoom is preferred as they provide seamless screen sharing.