My passion is helping children and adults achieve their potential and rediscover their love of learning. I specialise in finding creative ways to make learning interactive, rewarding and fun. I find that when learners are motivated through exciting activities and challenges, they can achieve more than they thought possible!
What I Offer:
- One-to-one tutoring for adults and children with a diagnosis or suspected diagnosis of dyslexia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia or other specific learning difficulty. I also specialise in working with learners who have Autism Spectrum Conditions, and Speech, Language or Communication needs. Sessions are bespoke to meet your individual needs.
- Literacy tutoring for children. Whether you're worried that your child is falling behind at school, or would simply like to give them extra attention from a qualified teacher, tutoring can give them the extra boost they need to help them succeed. I can tailor sessions to meet your child's learning needs, including teaching study skills (such as memorisation techniques and revision strategies) which will stay with them in the future.
- Reading/writing tutoring for adults. Do you feel anxious about having to read aloud, or worry that your English skills are holding you back? Would you like to build your confidence in reading, writing or study skills before you begin a course or new job? Perhaps you'd simply like to be able to help your children with their homework. Regardless of the reason, I can help you to improve your English skills in friendly, supportive one-to-one lessons.
Contact me to see how I can help you to achieve your full potential!
I've worked in education for over 10 years in many different roles, including as a qualified primary teacher, youth worker, and a drama teacher. I have also previously worked in the performing arts, creating theatre for children and young people.
Some important information about me:
- I have a PGcert in Specific Learning Difficulties (Distinction) from the University of Brighton
- I am a qualified primary teacher with a PGCE (Distinction) from the University of Sussex.
- I gained a First Class BA(hons) Degree from the University of Essex and a Masters Degree (Distinction) from the University of London.
- I also hold diplomas in Child Psychology, Makaton and The Theory and Practice of Nurture Groups.
- I currently work as a Special Education Teacher and have significant experience of teaching children with Special Educational Needs, as well as 'Academically More Able' and 'English as an Additional Language' learners.
- I'm fully DBS Checked (available on request).
I’ve known Clare in a personal capacity for 10 years now. She is an excellent tutor, fully CRB checked and has worked with children, young adults and adults for many years across a wide range of learning. She is passionate about teaching and is fully committed and highly reliable. She has a huge range of knowledge about dyslexia and many other forms of educational needs.
Highly patient, extremely skilled and kind.
support for students with math difficulties lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with special needs - autism lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about special needs - dyslexia lessons?
Taking special needs - physical impairment lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$54||$54|