My teaching method is focused on language development, vocabulary and grammar. I am aiming to train my students in paraphrasing techniques, as the IELTS test (but not only) is fundamentally based on paraphrasing. I'm using videos relevant to different topics.
I am an IELTS teacher based in Sydney, Australia. I have been working as a TESOL teacher for over 12 years and I my main aim is to get the highest possible results within the the shortest amount of time.
Mike Paul MASCA
Address: 9 Collins Crescent, Lapstone, NSW, 2773, Australia
Phone: (concealed information)
E-mail: (concealed information) , (concealed information)
- To provide an exceptional level of work, commitment, effectiveness and integrity within an ESL teaching position whilst utilising my current knowledge and skills. My goal is to create an efficient and comfortable learning environment for my students, relevant and suitable to their language learning needs.
Masters of TESOL – UTS, Sydney – In progress (Post Graduate Diploma of TESOL completed; 2 more subjects to full completion of Masters of TESOL estimated for June 2020)
CELTA: Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults completed Mar ’13- NAVITAS/ATTC – Sydney
Certificate IV in workplace training and assessment -completed October 2005 – MRWED, Australia
Ability English, Sydney - English Teacher – November 2016 – Now
- I am currently teaching the IELTS day class at Ability English, Sydney, employing the latest methods of delivery as well as innovative language acquisition practices
- I have previously taught the Upper-Intermediate, Upper Intermediate Plus, Advanced and EAP classes, with a high success rate and great feedback
- I am using available technologies during my classes, to make my lessons more interesting, dynamic and meaningful
- I am also using a wide range of resources, and I am very familiar with the main course textbooks, from Cutting Edge, Face2face, New English File, Outcomes, Inside Out, Life, Speak Out, New Total English to Cambridge IELTS series and beyond
Full-time English Teacher at Strathfield College May 2014 – May 2016
- I have taught the Advanced and Upper-intermediate classes at Strathfield College, Sydney, and I have covered the IELTS and EAP classes extensively
- I have also led the conversation club, designed for students from Pre-intermediate to Advanced levels
Full-time English Teacher at Sydney International English College May 2013-May 2014
- I was a full-time teacher at SIEC from May 2013 to May 2014
- During this period, I taught different levels, ranging from Pre-intermediate to Advanced and IELTS. I also taught the Special Skills IELTS class every Monday, for the whole employment period
- I taught the Upper-intermediate level from October 2013 until May 2014.
Cover/relief English teacher at Greenwich English College – throughout 2013
- Throughout 2013 I taught General English at Greenwich English College to students at different levels
- Primarily I taught English to Intermediate groups, but I also taught Elementary and Upper-intermediate classes
- This was an invaluable experience for my development as an ESL teacher as it has allowed me to practice different teaching methods adapted to suit different levels
Prior to 2013 (from 2000) - Private English language tutor
- Since 2000 I mainly taught English to private students, from General English to FCE, CAE, IELTS and English for academic purposes
Perfect! My experience of studying with him was really amazing because of the way he explains topics. It is really satisfying as he gives real-life examples which helps me learn better, and the notes which he provides really help me to understand the chapter properly. And the best part is that he makes it a friendly environment which in turn makes the students feel comfortable to ask any question without hesitating.Very highly recommend!!
A good and dilligent student of English, Jorjena must work on her writing skills and improve her vocabulary. I'm sure that with further practice and guidance she will improve in short time. Thanks for being a great student!
Mike is hands down the best English teacher I've ever had the pleasure being taught by. His knowledge is profound and teaching methods are most effective. Students that moved to different classes for various reasons quickly realized how special Mike's approach is and soon most of them came back. In fact, never have I seen so many students asking for a transfer, than when Mike was sent to teach an IELTS preparation class. I suppose it's because teaching is his true passion. However, if there's one thing he's not exactly fond of, it's wasting time. So, in case you sign up to study with Mike, I can assure you, he definitelly won't waste yours.
An honest person with a crucial skill of explaining things in context. As a foreign student, I met him at Ability English school and he made a huge impression on me "by default" (an inside joke). His strong sense for leading as a teacher combined with his profound knowledge was absolutely unforgettable for me. I strongly recommend Mr. Masca to Superprof students.
Mike is the most passionate English teacher I’ve had. From the beginning of my IELTS course I could tell that he just loves the language and tries to spread the same enthusiasm for learning to all his students.
In addition, he doesn’t just set his classes to the basic topics from the text books, but he’s constantly looking for fresh and updated information related to what is happening around the world. That touch really makeS the classes both enjoyable and interesting.
This man is an absolute LEGEND!!!!
Mike was an amazing teacher for me. He teach me english in a very dynamic and practical way. And thanks to that I obtained a 7,5 in the IELTS test with only one month class preparation.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|