I base my classes on real life events happening everyday. My methodologies vary depending on the age group but it focuses on constant interaction and practice. I learn as much about my student so I can use their interest/goals to tailor the lessons so they can learn at their pace and have fun while doing it
I am a certified ESL teacher from Jamaica. I am currently an undergrad student at the University of the West Indies where I am pursuing a BSc in Public Policy and Management. I started teaching English in 2016 and have taught children, teens and adults
To continue my career with an organization that will utilize and enhance my skills to benefit mutual growth and success.
UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES | 2013-Present & Continuing
· BSc Public Policy and Management
DENBIGH HIGH SCHOOL | 2010-2012
· CAPE: Environmental Science I & II, Communication Studies, Caribbean Studies, Food and Nutrition I & II ·
Associate Degree: Natural Sciences
CLARENDON COLLEGE | 2005-2010
· CXC: English, Mathematics, Spanish, Agricultural Science, Information Technology, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Food & Nutrition
· High School Diploma
Skills & Abilities
· Excellent written and oral skills
· Planning and organizing
· Computer Savvy/Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Goal oriented and focused
· Enthusiastic and Empathetic
· Problem Solving
· Proposal writing
· Project Management
· Team player
· Customer Service (trained and certified)
· Active listening
CEAC SOLUTIONS COMPANY LIMITED |ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER| APRIL2016- DECEMBER 2017
• Coordinated activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of subordinate employees/contractors
• Maintained records, prepared reports and composed correspondence relative to work.
• Ensured proper labour relations and conditions of employments were maintained.
• Executed plans, policies and programs in business and financial affairs, property and equipment, supplies and vehicle maintenance.
• Prepared and paid invoices, obtained revenue, maintained ledgers and posted transactions, verified account by reconciling statements and transactions, prepared financial reports, payroll contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assisted in project/proposal preparation
• Performed any task assigned for e.g. subdivision applications/follow ups, advertising and marketing, event planning, attending workshops, project lead on importation of tug boats and registration in Jamaica.
GLOBAL MEDIA SERVICES LTD | RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK | FEBRUARY 2016-APRIL
• Worked as the first point of contact to all customers and clients while providing administrative support for the company
PART TEACHING CONSULTANT | ESL TEACHER | February 2016-PRESENT
· Online English Tutor for Kids, Teens and Adults.
SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES | CONSULTANT | AUGUST 2013-FEBRUARY 2016
• Worked as a customer service representative in billings, sales, shipping and problem solving. Transitioned to Quality Analyst (2016)
RURAL AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY | AUGUST-SEPTEMBER 2010
• Worked as a summer intern with responsibilities of filing and records keeping
• Teaching English for Specific Language, Council of International Educational Exchange.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with english speaking lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - english lessons?
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$107|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$214|