I provide an in-depth, engaged learning experience tailored to students' needs to ensure their academic success, including exercises, homework and research support, confidence-building measures, test-taking techniques and practice tests. I make myself available between classes to address questions and concerns.
I have offered private tutoring and taught math, science and history in the Alameda, Oakland and West Contra Costa School Districts at the high school level for ten years. I have taught both AP and special needs students, as well as at an international high school for newly arriving immigrants.
Classes cancelled on same day pay $20. Otherwise, no charge.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Ten Years Experience Tutoring and Substitute Teaching
• California State Career Substitute Teaching Credential, Emergency 30-Day Credential
• Passed CBEST and CSET in Social Sciences (2008)
• Completed Oakland Teaching Fellows Training Program (Summer, 2008)
Bachelor of Arts degree, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Accounting Certificate, New York University, New York, NY
06/20/2017-Present, Tutor, Wyzant,
01/20/2017-Present: Substitute Teacher, West Contra Costa Unified School District
03/2008–Present: Substitute Teacher, Oakland Unified School District
03/2008–12/21/2016: Substitute Teacher, Alameda Unified School District
08/2008–06/2009: STIP Substitute Teacher, Oakland Unified School District
• Three month assignment at Hillside Academy teaching physical science and social studies.
06/2008¬–08/2008: Oakland Teaching Fellows Training Institute, Excel High School, Oakland, CA
• Rigorous six-week training in all areas of successful teaching in high-need schools, including instructional design and delivery; classroom management and culture
• Teacher, Fremont High School, Oakland, CA
• Lakeyah Green, Human Resources, WCCUSD, (concealed information), (concealed information)
• Lynnette Calvin, Human Resources, OUSD, (concealed information), (concealed information)
• Joie Garchar, Human Resources, AUSD, (concealed information), (concealed information)
• Veronica Garcia Montejano, Co-Principal, Oakland International High School,
(concealed information), (concealed information)
• Mary Tishman, Bilingual Teacher (ret) Lazear Elementary School, OUSD, (concealed information),
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about physics lessons?
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|