I am a curious person and believe that most students learn inquisitiveness from me. I enjoy storytelling as a method of engagement. I encourage students to ask questions and provide space for pondering and reflection. Sharing is a vital element of learning, and I aim to create a judgement-free atmosphere to promote such learning.
I am currently a studying Masters of Management from the University of Melbourne. I also have a bachelors and masters in Applied Psychology and am passionate about the subject.
I have worked as a Teaching Assistant for over a year and taught undergraduate students subjects like Introductory psychology, Developmental psychology Psychological testing, Statistics, Psychometrics, Research writing, Human Resources, Industrial and organizational psychology, social psychology and clinical psychology. I have also undertaken research in the area of personality and decision making.
Further, I have worked as a psychometric tool developer, consultant and external researcher with various consultancies and NGOs.
I am enthusiastic about my work and would be keen to give you a glimpse into the fascinating world of psychology and management.
24 hour cancellation policy.
Consultant- Student Partner, Academic Skills Team, the University of Melbourne (Feb’20-June’20)
• Projects: ‘How do I learn?’ tool development and ‘Social Connections’ platform to facilitate engagement
• Provided inputs for designing, development and evaluations of projects to enhance student experiences
• Provided innovative solutions to increase student engagement during COVID pandemic
Data Management Assistant, External Relations & Marketing Team, University of Melbourne (Dec’19- Feb’20)
• Identifying, verifying and merging duplicate records within the CRM
• Data cleansing CRM and reporting red flags in data inconsistencies.
• Preparing charts to report progress to key stakeholders
Library Assistant, Giblin Eunson Library, the University of Melbourne (October’19-March’20)
• Answering and assisting patrons with book and library-related queries.
• Organising and shelving books according to the Dewey system.
• Handling inbound and outbound postage and books.
Intern, the Australian HR Institute (AHRI), Melbourne. (June’19- September’19)
• Reporting and managing the National Convention Exhibition (NCE) registrations data.
• NCE app development and content insertion.
• Extracting hot and cold leads from event surveys in Qualtrics and generating reports for teams.
• Responding to diverse phone and email queries within the CPD team AHRI
Consultant, Index Advisory Pvt Ltd, Mumbai India (April’18-January’19)
• Developed psychometric tools culture-specific for international clients in Finance and HR space.
• Managed projects from formulation to delivery and tool management.
• Performed statistical analysis for reliability, validity checks to ensure ongoing development.
• Formulated and presented reports to address clients and business stakeholders.
Teaching Assistant, Department of Psychology, Somaiya College India. (June’17- March’18)
• Performed training sessions for Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) students.
• Developed content for sessions in Organisational Psychology and Psychological Assessments.
• Managed attendance, student queries and other admin tasks for the department.
External Researcher & Impact Evaluations Consultant, NGO Rubaroo, India. (July’17- October’17)
• As a researcher reviewed the impact of the NGO’s prevention of child sexual abuse program.
• Abiding to the Govt. regulation, presented a report addressing key stakeholder concerns.
• Recommendation report for improving the program quality and assessment systems.
Research Intern, the Humanities and Social Sciences department, IIT Bombay (Feb’17-July’17)
• Research on ‘Decision Making Under Uncertainty among Financial Traders’
• Under guidance designed a variation of the Iowa gambling task using the ‘loss frame.’
• Assisted in the Literature Review, Data Collection
Participant Coordinator & Research Operations Manager, Monk Prayogshala (December’15-November’16)
• Managed Research Pipelines and assisted team in the allocation of funding for research projects.
• Managed the participant database and coordinated research participants for studies.
• Assisted in CSR activities to secure grants
• Helped in organizing Research Summer School and research workshops.
Perfect! Great support and very clear explanations
Jonathon is very diligent in his work and showed enthusiasm and curiosity during the session. It was a pleasure working with him. Best wishes.
Perfect! Akshata is awesome!! :)
psychology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with sociology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about social skills lessons?
Taking humanities lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|