I use blended teaching strategies to engage and actively involve students in their own learning. Apart from
taking conventional lecture, I encourage students to develop a conceptual framework to develop problem-solving skills by journalling, followed by task cards and digital application based quiz format.
I am a medical academician with eight years of experience in teaching large groups of 70 students and small groups comprising of 2-3 students. i teaching experience. I am currently undertaking PhD in the Faculty of Health Sciences. I have worked for experimental projects based science academy, that used to deliver science lessons to homeschoolers and to students competing for international evidence-based science competitions. I also hold experience in designing and implementing pre-university and university science projects and models for in-school and extracurricular assignments.
Academician and researcher with a passion to promote healthy ageing and ageing through innovative models of community health intervention.
• Proven ability to conceptualize problems and develop well-reasoned and
integrated solutions, demonstrated throughout PhD and Master’s
• Clinical trials for debilitating disorders
• Research grant development for government and higher education grant projects
• Developing research proposals, and conducting and publishing high-quality research that promotes advancements in the field
• Participating in research independently and as a member of a research team
• Working within project teams to provide analytical research and report writing skills, and maintain good working relationships
• Conducting comprehensive literature reviews using various review methodologies, including systematic reviews and rapid evidence assessments
• Demonstrated competence with working with Microsoft suite of products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access) and bibliography packages such as Endnote
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, including working to deadlines and setting priorities
• Demonstrated awareness of the principles of confidentiality, privacy and information handling
Details of my academic and research experience is as below:
Education & credentials.
PhD (Stem cell Biology) - 2017
MSc (Biomaterials) - 2008
Bachelors (Health) - 2001
1. Dental Treatment and Special Needs Patients (SNPs): Dentist’s Point of View in Selected Cities of Malaysia.’, Bindal, P., Lin, C., Bindal, U., Safi,S., Zainuddin, Z., & Lionel, A. Biomedical Research.
2. ‘Dental students’ perceptions on patients with HIV or hepatitis B infection’, Bindal, P., Bindal, U., Safi, S. & Hussain, K. Annual Research Reviews. (2014)
3. Student and Teachers Perspective on Cyber-Bullying Umesh B, Ali NN , Farzana , Bindal P , Aminath NN. J Foren Psy 2018.
4. Aspirations, Concerns and Psychology of University Students after Graduating Bachelor’s Degree Umesh B, Farzana R, Aminath NN, Bindal P. J Foren Psy 2018.
5. ‘Clinical pairing revisited: a study at the University of Malaya, Malaysia.’, Ahmad, N. A., Naimie, Z., Lui, J. L., Aziz, A. A., Abdullah, M., Abu Kasim, N. H., Abu Kassim, N. L., Toh, C. G., Thong, Y. L., Abdul Razak, A. A., Abdullah, H., Che’ Ab Aziz, Z. A., Sulaiman, E., Gonzalez, M. A. G. & Bindal, P. Journal of dental education, 2012.
6. ‘Pairing as an instructional strategy to promote soft skills amongst clinical dental students’, Abu Kasim, N. H., Abu Kassim, N. L., Razak, A. A. A., Abdullah, H., Bindal, P., Che’ Abdul Aziz, Z. A., Sulaiman, E., Farook, M. S., Gonzalez, M. A. G., Thong, Y. L., Ahmad, N. A., Naimie, Z., Abdullah, M., Lui, J. L. & Abdul Aziz, A. European Journal of Dental Education, 2014.
7. ‘Comparative Effects of Turmeric, Coffee, and Chewable Tobacco on the Color Stability of Tooth-colored Restorative Materials’, Bindal, P., Bindal, U., Dabbagh, A., Ramanathan, A. & Ginjupalli, K.) Open Journal of Dentistry and Oral Medicine, 2015
8. ‘Labial Impressions: A Tool for Identification’, Umesh Bindal, Bindal, P., Nurul Athikha bt Ramli Journal of Forensic Research. OMICS International, 2014.
9. Morphological Analysis of Vermilion Border and its Forensic Application. Bindal U., Shajan K., Mitra NK., Bindal P. Open Journal of Dentistry and Oral Medicine, 2015.
10. Immune responses of human dental pulp stem cells in lipopolysaccharide induced microenvironment. P Bindal, TS Ramasamy, NHA Kasim, N Gnanasegaran, CW Lin, Cell biology international, 2018..
11. Dental pulp tissue engineering and regenerative endodontic therapy. P Bindal, NHA Kasim, TS Ramasamy, A Dabbagh, Keyvan Moharamzadeh, Wen L Chai. Biomaterials for Oral and Dental Tissue Engineering, 2018, Elsevier publication.
12. Neuro-fuzzy method for predicting the viability of stem cells treated at different time- concentration conditions. Bindal, P., Bindal U, Lin CW , Kasim NHA, Ramasamy TSAP, Dabbagh A, Salwana E, Shamshirband S., Techno Health Care, 2016
13. The 2015 Tissue Engineering Congress, London, UK, 8–10 September 2015.
14. Angiogenic effect of platelet-rich concentrates on dental pulp stem cells in inflamed microenvironment. Bindal P, Gnanasegaran N, Bindal U, Haque N, Ramasamy TS, Chai WL, Kasim NHA. Clinical oral investigations, 2019
15. Beta Adrenergic Receptors Stimulation Attenuates Phosphorylation of NF-κB and IκBα in Hyperglycemic Endothelial Cells. Safi S.Z., Shah H., Qvist R., Bindal P., Mansor M., Yan G.O.S., Ismail I.S.B. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, 2018
AWARDS AND PRESENTATIONS
Presentation on “Improving quality of life of community dwelling elderly” at Rural Health Symposium , Australia , 2019
Best Presentation award at Federation Dental International conference 2016, Poland
Scholarship awarded under High Impact Research Grant Scheme, Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia
Oral presentation – The 2015 Tissue Engineering Congress: London, United Kingdom
Poster presentation – Effect Of Bleaching on Colour of Esthetic Restorative Materials Stained with Food Simulating Solutions, 35th Asia Pacific Dental Congress, 2013, Kuala Lumpur
Poster presentation – Effect of food simulating solutions on colour of aesthetic restorative biomaterials, International Association of Dental Research conference, 2012, Bangi, Malaysia
Perfect! Priya has a rich knowledge base. She is able to distill complex information down to a level that suits the student's capacity to understand. Though I don't have the depth of knowledge or experience that Priya has proven, I have never felt intimidated to ask a question - even a dumb question!
I appreciate Priya's passion for the subject, and her patience for me.
Ben is a curious and passionate learner. He has an inclination to get into details of a topic.
Priya has a wonderful rapport with people of all ages. Her ability to connect with her students and her ability to teach advanced technical concepts as well as simplified scientific concepts are truly superior. She has excellent verbal and written communication skills. She accomplishes her teaching tasks with great initiative and a positive attitude. Would highly recommend her.
Interaction with her in the first meeting to discuss my lessons impressed me. She is a very good communicator and has in-depth knowledge about the subject. I realised that having knowledge is not enough, how to apply and getting things fixed in real life with that knowledge is important. She is a great person and teacher.
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with genetics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about anatomy lessons?
Taking biotechnology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|