My teaching method depends on the student. I am able to apply a few different techniques but generally I will assess where the student is at and create a plan for their learning. Tasks and lessons will vary to allow students to learn the content, build confidence and apply it to the real world. I work on building the students confidence through working one on one then allowing them to apply their new learnt knowledge to problems the will succeed in. Once I can see students are confident in their abilities I apply challenges and encourage persistence and creative thinking to excel.
I am a registered primary school teacher. I taught as a casual relief teacher for 2 years and a classroom teacher for 1 and a half on a maternity contract. I have decided to follow one of my other passions, graphic design, so have had to step down from teaching while a attend uni part-time. I am familiar with the Vic Curric, a range of teaching strategies and programs used in schools in Geelong and am able to help build confidence of students who may be struggling and give them the skills to tackle learning at school.
- Bachelor of primary education (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology)
Relevant work experience in reverse order (most recent first)
- Primary School Classroom Teacher, Aug 2017- Dec 2018
- Casual Relief Teacher, 2015 - 2017
- Support Worker/Tutor (working on social and school skills for a child with autism), 2014 - 2016
- Childcare worker (out of school hours care), 2012 - 2016
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||Not available|