I have a balance of traditional and progressive styles of teaching. It changes upon the student, therefore i adapt my style towards YOU! I am not a strict tutor however, i do expect the same effort from you as i would give you - if we work together, we can achieve anything!
I have mentored and tutored several children, especially looked after children. I have two degrees in BA hons Childhood Studies and recently graduated with my Masters in Edcuation degree. I have knowledge on theories of childcare and practicial knowldge. I currently work in education, supporting those in care.
I offer support with revision, exam prep and how to deal with anything regarding school - this also means friendships etc :)
I am a University graduate with a MA in Education degree looking for a job to begin my professional career. I am polite, motivated, well presented, friendly, professional individual, and I have the ability to communicate with people of all ages. I am reliable and punctual and I’m a quick learner and hard working in everything I do. I I am confident in my approach and have a passion to support and work with children and adults. I have relevant experience of having worked with families children from various ages.
Skills and Achievements
Full Clean Driving Licence.
Exelceent comminucations skills
Consistently achieved targets
Good time management skills
Excellent team work skills and ability
Self-motivated with plenty of drive and commitment
Mentoring Looked after children (LAC) through University of Wolverhampton job vacancy
Volunteered at a Barnardos children walk in Dudley in 2012
Can speak Punjabi fluently as well as English
Received regular training in safeguarding, child protection and health and safety and MAPA
Qualified in Food Hygiene
University of Wolverhampton
2013 – 2016 - Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Childhood Studies: First Class Classification
• Modules included: Play and Leisure, International perspectives, growing up in the 21st century, Leadership and Management, Evaluating Curricula Frameworks, Safeguarding, Child Development and Tackling inequalities and more.
• Undertook final year research project on the ‘impact of outdoor play on childrens development in early years’.
• 200 hours of voluntary placement in a early years setting and children centre.
2007 – 2010 - BTEC National Certificate Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning & Development Level 3: 3 distinctions equivalent to 3 A*
South Wolverhampton Bilston Academy
2005-2010 –Passed 10 GCSEs with A-C, including English, Maths, Science, Punjabi and ICT.
Employment (Paid and Volunteering)
January 2017 – Present
Wolverhampton City Council, Looked After Childrens Team – Cope Team Education Supper Officer
Supporting Looked after Childrens attainment
Attending educational meetings between schools and carers
Advising on pupil premium spendings
Montoring progress and gathering attainment data
Attending council meetings
May 2016 - Aug 2016, University of Wolverhampton (UoW) /Apprenticeship Hub
Responsibilities Receptionist Assistant
• Being the first point of contact for Students, Academic staff and External clients. Demonstrating strong communication through the use of telephone, email and conversing face to face with others.
• Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills by dealing with queries effectively and liaising with other departments within the institution.
• I am IT efficient with an understanding of navigating through computers and using IT equipment i.e. Printers, Photocopiers and scanners. Additional program knowledge – such as various Microsoft computer packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Quick learner and able to adapt to new styles of working environments and confident in my approach.
• Keen eye for detail to ensure accuracy of extracting data and correct data input. I am competent in carrying out multiple tasks within a scaled deadline, and proficient in providing quality work.
• Strong interacting skills, liaising with team members and external partners/employers.
• Maintaining and organising workload by resourceful organisation - Outlook calendar, Diary, keeping documented folders.
• Handling inbound and outbound calls in a professional manner; with the ability to communicate fluently and clearly, with experience of making calls nationally.
• Understanding the importance of regulations and policies within business and the working environment; respectfully adhering to standards to fulfil professional working conditions.
Apr 2016 – Current, UoW Aspire2Uni Mentor for Looked After Children
• Mentoring children in Key Stage 2 in year 7/8 in the west midlands at their foster homes/school.
• Supporting children academically
• Assisting with homework, setting targets and planning activities
• Raising aspirations to come to university
• Applying what I have learnt in my degree into practice e.g theory such as Attachment.
Sept 2015 – Mar 2016 Volunteer as family support
• Supporting young children and families
• Planning and organising activities for Stay and Play groups
• Assisting in satursday Father groups to promote parent partnerships and bonds with children
• Communicating with different families and age ranges as well as member of staff
• Meetings with staff from different roles such as manager, family support, nursery nursres
• Received online training in child protection, safeguarding and health and safety
Oct 2013 – Apr 2016 Blakenhall Neighbourhood Nursery Nursery Nurse Level 3 Bank Staff
• Caring and supporting children aged between 0-8 years (feeding, playing, nappy changes, potty training, nurturing)
• Planning and observing children with use of the early years curriculum
• Risk assessing environments
• Communicating with multi agencies such as speech therapist
• Supporting apprentices in rooms
• Involved in improving parent partnerships
• Confident voiced opinions in room and staff meetings
Jan 2013 - Sept 2013 Field View Primary Schol Playleader
• Setting up and leading acitviites for children in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
• Health and safety of children
• Risk assessing playgrounds and indoor play areas
• Planning acitties for seasonal changes
• I set up a football tourment for Key stage 2 which engaged most of the boys and kept them out of trouble and become active with their breaks.
Sept 2010- Jul 2012 Volunteered across 6 nurseries and primary schools Teaching assistant/nursery nurse
• Gained 800 hours of work experience with children aged 0-8.
• Part of college course
• Knowledge of EYFS and National Curriculum
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with school support lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about school coaching lessons?
Taking teaching methodology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$45|